First post, Tree branch pop in problems

gen2roller

Question

Hey everyone, loving the STEP system, but now that I'm getting more into modding, I'm finding more problems with the base game haha. My question is, is there anyway to avoid this short of setting  fTreesMidLODSwitchDist= to 0?(and in the process preventing the trees from fully loading) I've searched everywhere and haven't found a solution. I have changed the value from every thing from 0 to 1000000000 with no change after about 50000 and nothing has helped. Changing it to 0 makes the branches that pop in not load all together.. This is the single biggest immersion breaker I have found and somehow have not seen it before. I'm using a completely clean install with no mods whatsoever in this clip.. Even changing ugrids to 7 didn't work, hopefully someone can help! This is with the default Ultra settings

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGnaskM65k&feature=youtu.be

EDIT: fixed by increasing

fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=

fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=

4 answers to this question

Not a bug, just your view distsances. If you have a good machine then I'm sure some people here will be able to tell you which .ini settings to change. I'm working on installing S.T.E.P. 2.2.8 or I'd tell you. Welcome to the forums and thank you for making a video to show us the "problem"

Wow, I went through a lot of work only to figure it out minutes after posting this. Probably the most obvious INI tweak ever....

fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000

fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000

were the defaults, I set them to 204800 and 284400 respectively just messing around and it solved it. I'll refine those settings, that was the last thing bothering me and now I can go on modding the heck out of it! phazer, you did help by assuring me it wasn't a bug so thank you for that! this has literally been plaguing me for days