Nexus Mod Manager 0.47 change FIX: How to re-enable MO update and download from Nexus

wolverine2710

Question

In the Nexus 'NMM "Forced" update to fix the download issues"  news today it was announced that the new and now released NMM 0.47 is needed to check for updates and to use the download with manager button. Read the news after both did not work any longer with MO.

The solution which worked for me is simple. Go to settings->Workaround and set NMM version to 0.47.0. The old value should be 0.46.0. Can't remember if I had to restart MO again.

EDIT: Curious if a new MO version is needed for the following: "We've coded in a queuing system that will only allow you to download a certain amount of files at a time. For non-Premium users that number is 5, for Premium users that number is 10."

EDIT: Tannin suggests setting it to 0.47.1. Both work though.

I have been having this problem since that change to NXM links, but this fix has not worked for me. I see now that the NMM version is 0.47.3, but setting that value in the workarounds tab isn't helping me either. (I have used 0.47.0, 0.47.1, 0.47.2, 0.47.3) and I continue to get invalid response on all things Nexus.

! woops, missed that last one. Updating now. MO used to warn me when there was a new version. No more?

Am I the only one unable to DL anything from nexus at the moment? Getting [internal server error]

I can download, but I can't check for updates :p

There's a group of kids who just figured out how to use a botnet these last days, and are constantly ddosing EA and League servers among others, maybe they're trying their new toys a on new target...

Guys, i have the lastest MO, i installed NCC downgrade and i've tried with both the 0.7.0 and 0.7.1 version on the workaround and clicked thousands of times on the button to associate MO with the "Download with Manager" button but everytime i click on the "Download with Manager" button for a mod in the Nexus nothing happens, the nexus page just greys out for a moment and them it goes back to normal but the download doesn't appear on MO. I've tried with both Chrome and Firefox but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

It is at 0.48.2 atm

Tried it too and didn't work either.

EDIT: I fixed it in a weird way. I installed NMM, setting it up to handle the "Download with Manager" links, download a mod with it them closed it and went back to MO. MO gave me a message saying it was not handling the "Download with Manager" links, i clicked on the option to change it and now it's working.

Edited by Tabris