Sign in to follow this  
Octopuss

User groups

Question

Am I the only one who is getting lost in all the coloured names? Isn't there a bit too many groups?... It's a bit confusing (but not "gamebreaking" at the same time, of course).

Go to the main page and scroll down to the bottom where it lists all the colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I know about that. But that doesn't change the fact it seems like a bit too many :D Besides, I'd never memorize stuff like that anyway :D

I like the colors!

Me too ... and it can always be ignored ... and the forum team page is the key to the colors ... and it doesn't matter that much, since you will only ever belong to one of them.

I like the colors!

Me too ... and it can always be ignored ... and the forum team page is the key to the colors ... and it doesn't matter that much, since you will only ever belong to one of them.

What no rainbow names? :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colors are to distinguish groups and staff roles from one another. This is a project so you can't expect there to just be one or two groups. :)

I perfectly understand the purpose :P But five or so groups just for people behind STEP seem like a bit of an overkill to me :D

I actually would suggest the opposite : Adding a new usergroup dubbed "Confused Member" just for Octopuss. :3

rofl

The message is too short. Please enter a message longer than 10 characters

Well, the golden rule it - don't make APIs with more than seven entry points. IMHO Super Moderators, Moderators, Forum staff (empty group) could b merged into one group. Maybe Developers (2members, with s4n, already an admin) and contributors could be folded into STEP staff? And we are left with nice roundy seven groups.

I expect to be moving over to IPB any day now (pending s4n's return), so this is all moot.

I expect to be moving over to IPB any day now (pending s4n's return)' date=' so this is all moot.[/quote']

That's cryptic.

Which forum software is that? I am familiar (from user's perspective) with the usual vBulletin, but this is... cryptic :D

Any preview information or something?