SKSE and Mod Organizer

7hr08ik

Question

Hey guys, need help with this

Using Mod Organizer and just updated to the SKSE 1.7 alpha.

In my install directory i have put skse_loader.exe, skse_1_9_32.dll, skse_steam_loader.dll

In Mod Organizer i have an SKSE folder which contains scripts folder from skse 1.7 and SKSE folder with skse.ini inside it.

I've just started using the Memory Blocks Log by Sheson so i can fine tune the Memory Settings. When i check the MemoryBlocksLog.txt it says;

logging of blocks enabled

logging max values only

Timer disabled

Block1 Block2

256MB 256MB

85       8

85       8

85       9

85       10

85       11

This to me means that i havne't got the memory patch working. For some reason my game isn't reading the SKSE.ini....WHY?????

In game i can see that im using SKSE 1.7 so it working fine, it just isnt reading the SKSE.ini from MO

i know MO can be a bugger.....so i installed skse directly into skyrim install folder, now MO has nothing to do with skse other than hooking to it to run the game, ini files and everything are in the main folder. But still no avail. I've emailed the skse team asking them if they know whats up. Doubt ill get a reply but worth a shot

1. I dont still have it, i was just using the ini sent to me by another poster.

2. It doesnt matter because the problem is that skse wont read the ini file.

3. I have found out what the problem is...Im using a non-steam setup. And as such the skse_steam_launcher.dll isnt running. So in order to get it working skse has to be patched to run without steam.

3.1 - https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4646&pid=63950#pid63950

3.2 - https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45776#p45776

My new MemoryLog

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB	256MB
85	8
85	8
85	9
85	10
85	11
85	12
85	13

SORTED!

WOOHOO!!!!

I think there should be a sticky or a mention about this somewhere in the forums. I've been sat here since 10am (Now 5pm) looking for answeres to this, ive signed upto and looked at so many forums im going blind. But finally i have the answer. Thank god someone uploaded their own skse_loader.exe.....Otherwise i'd have to learn to use visual studio to get this wokring.

Well, had I known that I would not have spent the past hour getting Visual Studio working and rebuilt my own skse_loader :P

If you could find that command again that would be awesome, plus it'll help others if we can get someone to put a sticky about it somewhere.

So after spending all day and many brain cells getting this sorted out, all i had to do was add "-forcesteamloader" to the shortcut????

Well why the didnt the SKSE guys put that in the "whats new" file? It took someone to pick apart the source code to find it? After they said they would not be making skse non-steam ever. Pfft....now im upset :P

Thanks this solved my problem 

So after spending all day and many brain cells getting this sorted out, all i had to do was add "-forcesteamloader" to the shortcut???? Well why the didnt the SKSE guys put that in the "whats new" file? It took someone to pick apart the source code to find it? After they said they would not be making skse non-steam ever. Pfft....now im upset :P

Thanks this answered my question on the memory patch not working with mod organizer.  By adding "-forcesteamloader"  to the argument ,no more need for ssme or building my own skse loader. ty all