Nvidia beta 344/ENB .246 crash?

Sakedo

Question

I'm using the latest ENB (.246, updated without version change) and some brand new nVidia beta drivers (344.67) with Skylight ENB. The drivers and the ENB were just updated and installed at about the same time.

My game is suddenly unstable. I get about ten to fifteen minutes until the I get a freeze with some visual garbage on the screen. It's almost like it was halfway done refreshing the page and then had some sort of error. My hunch is that this is related to the new nvidia beta and my particular combination of hardware (GTX 770) and ENBSeries/nvidia Inspector settings, resulting in a graphics driver crash.  I have no problems if I disable ENB with Shift-F12 other than that I miss out on all the pretty colors.

I suspect rolling back the NVIDIA drivers will fix the issue. I just want to raise awareness in case others have the same issue.

4 answers to this question

If you can reproduce the crash in the same exact location enable your papyrus logging in your .ini's (there's been plenty of posts on how to do this). Then post the logs. If that doesn't help just start disabling mods someone can direct you (or you can search the forum for the similar questions)

Beta drivers are usually to address newer games or software APIs for languages like CUDA and OpenGL. They don't usually help Skyrim that much, and if they do it is by accident not by design. I know that Nvidia is really working hard on shared RAM/VRAM APIs for CUDA 6, since their next gen chips will have hardware support for it.

Just rollback to what worked and wait till it gets sorted.