Modular Requiem interest?

I have watch the Requiem video and read a lot about it and found my self really interested with some part of it but not so thrilled about other parts. My biggest concern was the deadly combat change, and deleveled world/item. And of course the massive amount of patches to make it compatible with other mods which can lead to additional issue.

After going through the Requiem.esp, I started taking requiem apart so I can use some part of it that I really wanted in my mod list.

If you don't know the Requiem approach to the different element of skyrim please take a look at the mod page on skyrim nexus and watch the video because there won't be an in depth explanation as to what does what.

Here's the Requiem component I have seperated into module:

Requiem - Core.esp

Holds all the new creation kit entry added by Requiem. New Leveled List, etc.

It's only required if using Requiem - Loot.esp, Requiem - Harvest.esp or Requiem - Race Humanoid.esp.

Requiem - Loot.esp

Contains all the change made to container and npc looting. (No gold on animal, etc)

It does not include ANY change that make the loot deleveled.

It does not include ANY new items.

Requiem - Harvest.esp

Contains all the change made to harvesting ingredient through out the world. (Harvest more ingredients, etc.)

Requiem - Factions.esp

Contains all the change made to factions. (Wolf attack spider, etc.)

Requiem - Race Humanoid.esp

Contains all the change made to the playable race. (NPC preset, no HP regen, carry weight change, etc)

Requiem - Lethal Trap.esp

Contains all the change made to the traps.

Requiem - Hand Placed Items.esp

Contains all the hand placed items added by requiem. (Items, object & traps)

Any non-vanilla item were replaced by vanilla couterparts.

No NPC spawn have been added EXCEPT the one near the newly added item. Any non-vanilla NPC have been replaced by vanilla counterparts.

No new cell added.

Requiem - Higher Fence Gold.esp

Requiem - Wait More Dragon Encounter x4.0.esp

self-explanatory.

There you have it my requiem modules for my SR:LE setup.

Now the question is, would anyone be interested in having this and would it be useful?

I'm not going blatantly make it available here if there is no interest and I'm also not sure if I need to ask the author permission for this.

I haven't looked closely at Requiem, but I want something opposite - I'd like it to embrace more mods in its es* file, especially from gems. That 255 limit and conflicts... And yes, you need author's ack to publish modified stuff.

This is exactly what I started working on myself a few days ago. I asked ogreboss about permission to create something based off of only certain parts of Requiem, and he said that the game wouldn't be the same without the whole. I'd also added some comments about some automatically generated dynamic content though, which is what he seemed to be the most against.

That said, since it seems like we have similar taste, I'd love to have your input on my brainstorming thread, internally codenamed "I can't believe it's not Requiem"

https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4793

Sakedo Wrote

I'd also added some comments about some automatically generated dynamic content though, which is what he seemed to be the most against.

He might be against this, but he can't do anything with this. Should some Skyproc for Requiem-based setup be created, it will not modify his mod, only copy stuff to new esp, which won't be shared.

God, I wish mod authors would embrace free licences... GPL2+ or the like...

Yes, but you'd need to ship with a replacer Requiem.esp or a mod on top of Requiem that reverts 90% of his changes back to Vanilla, which will be full of ITM values and trample all of your mods... Which was largely the goal you're trying to achieve.

He says it would ruin immersion to have things move around mid-save if you re-run the SkyProc, which... I can sort of understand his point. But for me, who's made probably a hundred Requiem characters it sort of ruins immersion that I know the early game like the back of my hand and nothing surprises me any longer.

This is exactly what I started working on myself a few days ago. I asked ogreboss about permission to create something based off of only certain parts of Requiem, and he said that the game wouldn't be the same without the whole. I'd also added some comments about some automatically generated dynamic content though, which is what he seemed to be the most against.

That said, since it seems like we have similar taste, I'd love to have your input on my brainstorming thread, internally codenamed "I can't believe it's not Requiem"

If you are not careful it is true that some part of requiem on his own can be bad in a vanilla environment.

The perk system, the creature/beast starting attribute, weapon damage increase, armor increase, game setting tweak for combat ai, etc. These are all tied together and cannot go without eachother.

Same for the increase value of pretty much everything and the increase cost for carriage, hireling, etc.

On the other hand, the module I'm using could pretty much be mods on their own and fit well in a vanilla environment. For example the Requiem - Loot & Requiem - Harvest are very identical to Harvest Overhaul but Requiem made several additional change that I actually consider "fix" like no loot on burnt corpse, no gold but bonemeal on draugr, armor on human corpse found in egg sac, no horker meat on forsworn, etc. After going through every single entry I can attest to how many amazing stuff Requiem is doing that could fit well in a vanilla environment.

About your thread, that's a really ambitious undertaking my friend :) and something I would have liked to do if I had more time. In addition I'm overall content with SR:LE. I'm just trying to "patch" the hole here and there.

If you are not careful it is true that some part of requiem on his own can be bad in a vanilla environment.

The perk system, the creature/beast starting attribute, weapon damage increase, armor increase, game setting tweak for combat ai, etc. These are all tied together and cannot go without eachother.

Same for the increase value of pretty much everything and the increase cost for carriage, hireling, etc.

On the other hand, the module I'm using could pretty much be mods on their own and fit well in a vanilla environment. For example the Requiem - Loot & Requiem - Harvest are very identical to Harvest Overhaul but Requiem made several additional change that I actually consider "fix" like no loot on burnt corpse, no gold but bonemeal on draugr, armor on human corpse found in egg sac, no horker meat on forsworn, etc. After going through every single entry I can attest to how many amazing stuff Requiem is doing that could fit well in a vanilla environment.

About your thread, that's a really ambitious undertaking my friend :) and something I would have liked to do if I had more time. In addition I'm overall content with SR:LE. I'm just trying to "patch" the hole here and there.

Yes, it is. A lot of Requiem is heavily inspired by other mods. Now that I've divorced myself from their decisions on every point I'm left to wonder if there aren't better modules to rely on instead, but I'm sure others have been tinkering far long than I have.

I'll add Harvest Overhaul to my list of things to dig through the ESP of. YASH does a nice job with it too, adding a small chance for random treasure in bushes and making quite a few things lootable that normally are not. Unfortunately Vurt's Flora overhaul conflicts with several of YASH's changes, but hitching my horse to the STEP Wagon means I can demand people install SFO.

And actually? In an evening of work I already have a game that's very playable and feels pretty good to me so far. Good balance and fun across every level will take a ton of work though, but Requiem itself still needs work on that (at least for high level content).