The Elder Scrolls General Loadscreen Replacer

mightyusaid

Gotta say I prefer this to the vanilla. I use enb and have hardware AA turned off so the load screens are particularly bothersome to me since I just end up staring at the swimming pixels on screen. The load screens are nice and lore friendly from what I have seen thus far' date=' in addition I actually prefer the lore based quotes to the mechanical "if you push blah blah button". Great overall addition IMO[/quote']

you can set enb to ignore load screens. One of the enb inis will have the setting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How do you do this?

In the enblocal.ini file, add/change this line :

[FIX]
IgnoreLoadingScreen=true

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say I prefer this to the vanilla. I use enb and have hardware AA turned off so the load screens are particularly bothersome to me since I just end up staring at the swimming pixels on screen. The load screens are nice and lore friendly from what I have seen thus far' date=' in addition I actually prefer the lore based quotes to the mechanical "if you push blah blah button". Great overall addition IMO[/quote']

you can set enb to ignore load screens. One of the enb inis will have the setting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How do you do this?

In the enblocal.ini file' date=' add/change this line :

[FIX]
IgnoreLoadingScreen=true
[/quote']

Thanks. In terms of this mod (since it's using pictures instead of stealing objects/creatures/people from the game), do I need to do this?

It's still using the same method to display those pictures as a regular load screen' date=' so if your ENB has some color correction for example it'll still affect the image, especially if using the small version of the mod.[/quote']

Are you the mod author? Also, what is the difference between the regular version and the optional version?

It's still using the same method to display those pictures as a regular load screen' date=' so if your ENB has some color correction for example it'll still affect the image' date=' especially if using the small version of the mod.[/quote'']

Are you the mod author? Also, what is the difference between the regular version and the optional version?

No I'm not the mod author, but I'm using the mod so I've seen that it just uses meshes, like the vanilla game does, but disables their rotation.

The optional version has the same picture load but in a smaller size, and you can rotate it like a regular 3D item.

I'll try to test it tomorrow, I need to merge some mods to make place for the Lore-Based Loading Screens since I've hit the 255 limit.

But in theory it shouldn't work, because TESG loadscreens have a 100% chance of appearing, so unless Lore-Based Loading Screens does as well, I don't think anything from that mod will show up. (For the record I'm not getting any Falskaar/Inigo loading screens with TESG)

I'll try to test it tomorrow, I need to merge some mods to make place for the Lore-Based Loading Screens since I've hit the 255 limit.

But in theory it shouldn't work, because TESG loadscreens have a 100% chance of appearing, so unless Lore-Based Loading Screens does as well, I don't think anything from that mod will show up. (For the record I'm not getting any Falskaar/Inigo loading screens with TESG)

Hm. Ok. Which was it? Does BSA overwrite Loose Files? Or do Loose Files overwrite BDA? I think BSA overwrites Loose Files. Anyway, I'll fire this up after the Weekend and give it a go. I think you're right in that the LORE-Mod screens probably won't show and that's fine since I've seen all of them 900 times and I don't even really like them anyway. How do you know when you hit the 255 limit (besides manually counting)? Does WB/MO give you a notice?

Hm. Ok. Which was it? Does BSA overwrite Loose Files? Or do Loose Files overwrite BDA? I think BSA overwrites Loose Files. Anyway, I'll fire this up after the Weekend and give it a go. I think you're right in that the LORE-Mod screens probably won't show and that's fine since I've seen all of them 900 times and I don't even really like them anyway. How do you know when you hit the 255 limit (besides manually counting)? Does WB/MO give you a notice?
Loose files overwrite BSAs (otherwise you wouldn't be able to change any vanilla texture/script without putting it in BSA), but that doesn't matter for these mods, there's nothing to be overwritten by either of them.

There's a Mod Index column in the plugins tab in Mod Organizer, and right now, my merged patch which is last on the list has the index FF (255 in hex), that's how I know if I hit the limit. And there's also a warning if you get over that number in the warnings section.

Having an enb ignore load screens doesn't effect that I have AA turned off =p

Maybe you can go into Tes5edit to change the percentage to make it compatible with lore-based loading screens? Idono.

I know the tips (written stuff) still alternates between the new quotes, vanilla, and some of my mods (frostfall).

testing my game has become so much more enjoyable now ^.^

Loose files overwrite BSAs (otherwise you wouldn't be able to change any vanilla texture/script without putting it in BSA), but that doesn't matter for these mods, there's nothing to be overwritten by either of them.

There's a Mod Index column in the plugins tab in Mod Organizer, and right now, my merged patch which is last on the list has the index FF (255 in hex), that's how I know if I hit the limit. And there's also a warning if you get over that number in the warnings section.

Now I'm paranoid. I'll have to go count :P.