FOMOD struggles

Noobsayer

Question

This has been a continuing thing for me and I'm finally tired of just manually working around it, heh. FOMOD installers often just don't work. I have the latest version of MO, and neither MO nor steam are installed to Program Files so that shouldn't be interfering with anything.

I have the integrated FOMOD plugin installed, with NCC as well. I have tried with both "prefer" set to true and false under settings for the regular FOMOD installer.

Thing is, it doesn't ALWAYS screw up. I get an installer that works correctly, for instance, with Realistic Water Two. The installer for Immersive Armors comes up, but doesn't install half the stuff it should, and for Enhanced Blood Textures, I don't get an installer at all (though I see the FOMOD folder, so it should be an option). EDIT: OK, that one's actually a bad example because it doesn't really need an installer, but you get where I'm going with this, lol.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?

3 answers to this question

The way I understand it ... is that mods are all different when it comes to the authors writing the fomod installer. Basically you are doing things right. If the MO integrated fomod installer (=true) cannot install or installs incorrectly - then try the external ncc (=false) installer. The way to check whether a mod installed correctly or not is to use the integrated installer and choose Manual on that window - then look at all the contents for the mod and check to see if what you expected is actually what installed. I often check out the manual install option for several reasons..... to check out mod options, look at folder structure, look at readme files, many times to move files to keep things in order (like readme into Docs folder). and of course you can complete the install from the manual window also.

Immersive Armors is a good example on this. The external ncc installer only installed the one esp file and nothing else. I saw that and right away changed to the integrated installer which worked fine. I then re-ran the install and clicked manual to check everything out.

For me that's just the way it is. One tool can't do it all - Mod Org however, puts all the tools in one place!!