Realistic Weapon Positions

mightyusaid

My bad, I was reading Realistic Weapon Position posts on the Nexus and was trying to quote the mods author stating compatibility with STEP. I was also quoting DoYouEvenModBro so I could reference his free beer, 'cause Beer.

Oh, I'm EProctor on Nexus forums, not that that is significant.

Bumpity bump lest this thread be forgotten. The author is currently working on an MCM version of the mod, which would allow the users to dynamically choose a position for each weapon separately, using the same skeleton.

Apparently, he has already finished the MCM menu, and is now making a SkyProc patcher for this feature. Really looking forward to it.

I've been enjoying it, there are currently a variety of position options configured on install. Many dagger positions, vertical & belt quiver positions - the great weapon will be parallel to the quiver, so keep that in mind. According to the mod author this is compatible with dual sheath redux, xpms, & equipping overhaul. I've been using all the above and haven't had any conflicts. Looking forward to the next version myself.

• 3 weeks later...

New flash, mod author gregtiwald writes on his Nexus page;

I've got some Great news and some mediocre news for you all!

The great news : I can get you a working version of the MCM switcheroo today! I figured out a workaround that doesn't use Java (because I'm quickly growing to hate Java).

The mediocre news : It is a little heavier. It will have a hefty amount of extra models in it, because it will be using a new model for each new weapon position, kinda the same way Dual Sheath Redux and the new Equipping Overhaul work (they both have new weapon meshes for the left hand).

This works with the MCM nicely, but the file size is bigger. So there is that.

This is not the final version though. I am working on two versions more. The next one should hopefully reduce the bloat down to just two weapon models for each weapon (right and left), while also fixing the crossbow (finally). And the last version will be the keeper of clean I know it can be.

Let me know how these new ones work for you, and stay tuned - I'll have the new one up in a matter of hours.