Rens HD Shrines (by Rengel)

rootsrat

I like this for STEP:Extended.

STEP:Core should stick more closely to vanilla ... by the screens on this post, MM HD sticks very closely to HRDLC ... wait ... they are the same textures!

If you don't believe me, just look at all of the compares in this thread, which shows a clear difference between vanilla HRDLC and Shrines HD (look particularly at Akatosh).

I am still not convince that even Shrines HD is right for Core.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STEP:Core should stick more closely to vanilla ... by the screens on this post, MM HD sticks very closely to HRDLC ... wait ... they are the same textures!

If you don't believe me, just look at all of the compares in this thread, which shows a clear difference between vanilla HRDLC and Shrines HD (look particularly at Akatosh).

Yeah, I could only tell the difference on one compare between HRDLC and Shrines HD. The textures look different in a texture viewer, but in game I just can't see it. Why use 2K textures of something so small when you can't even see the difference? I don't know if you would even miss it unless you had a high resolution monitor.

I think some of Ren's could go for Core. Diabella, Mara, Stendarr, Talos, maybe Julianos, but overall it is a bit of a departure from vanilla in style since the vanilla ones were just purple sculptures. IDK, is there a, 'vanilla sucked so bad we made an exception' rule?

Well I could tell a difference between all of them though without looking at it I could't tell you if it was the edging around the alcove (or maybe a seam) or a slight differnce in the texture of the wall surrounding the altar. I'm on the fence as to which of the alternatives and normal versions of this mod I like best.

IDK, is there a, 'vanilla sucked so bad we made an exception' rule?

Yes, there is. It's called the "water rule" - if the vanilla textures for something are irredeemably horrible, then anything that replaces it, as long as it fits in the game, is considered Core.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Yeah, I could only tell the difference on one compare between HRDLC and Shrines HD. The textures look different in a texture viewer, but in game I just can't see it. Why use 2K textures of something so small when you can't even see the difference? I don't know if you would even miss it unless you had a high resolution monitor.

I think some of Ren's could go for Core. Diabella, Mara, Stendarr, Talos, maybe Julianos, but overall it is a bit of a departure from vanilla in style since the vanilla ones were just purple sculptures. IDK, is there a, 'vanilla sucked so bad we made an exception' rule?

No. The screen compares are showing the same textures. There is no representation of Shrines HD in the post where you present the screens. That is what I am saying. We need the screens updated, because we are only comparing HRDLC(x2) with Ren's.

Please look carefully between first and second images of this post and compare the second images to the screens in this thread

Disregard the background and anything else that is not a shrine statue ... doesn't anybody look?

:lol: yep, my eyes definitely were playing tricks on me ... basically, everyone should look again at the screens post to be certain that they are also not basing their former judgements on faulty perceptions :P

Based on my newfound eyesight and more accurate perception, I have to say that it is hard to justify changing Core unless we revert back to the HRDLC. Shrines HD is definitely closer to vanilla colors and style than Ren's, but Ren's is better in my view in several examples.

I think we keep Shrines HD for Core and use Ren's for Extended. We can add a note to Shrines HD instructing Extended users to install Rens and vise versa, and why.

When you think about it, Shrines HD are not exactly close to vanilla either.

Posted Image

That's as far from vanilla colours as can be (But I frigging love this particular one. Hello Ren? Don't be afraid of shiny colours!).

What I'm trying to say is that it's probably not a question what's closer to vanilla but rather what looks better in general)

When you think about it' date=' Shrines HD are not exactly close to vanilla either.

Posted Image

That's as far from vanilla colours as can be (But I frigging love this particular one. Hello Ren? Don't be afraid of shiny colours!).

What I'm trying to say is that it's probably not a question what's closer to vanilla but rather what looks better in general)

[/quote']

I actually don't like that one much and prefer the vanilla style. That is the main reason why I was against Shrines HD for Core in the first place.

I agree with Z on this one. Ren's is better suited in Extended' date=' and HD Shrines is still a great texture improvement for Core.[/quote']

... so it is written, and so shall it be done.

~ Yul Brynner (The Ten Commandments)

Now, which textures exactly, some of the alternates may be better ....

I like the Alt:

• Arkay - The big red ball is just a bit to much
  • Talos - The look of both is nice, but the Alt shows up nicer in game
  • Kyne - It is named Mint Chocolate Chip, nuff said.
  • Mara - It has the little accents if you look close.
And the regular:

• Julianos - Both are great, but I like the gold one a bit more, but the Alt changes the vanilla design as well as color, the regular just changes the color.
  • Akatosh - Not sure how I feel about Akatosh as a golden dragon, but they are both really good.
  • Zenithar - The chrome finish on the anvil just seems to fit nicely.
  • Stendarr - Both are great, but the water is more like the original. Having coins poor out was creative.
Diabella, either is good, but look on the top of each version, the regular has a little green leaf and the Alt has a little flower on top. I'm partial to the little leaf.

EDIT: WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME FOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!