Vivid Landscapes - Birthsigns by Aron

rootsrat

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, many times we are discounting parallax mods due to having to use vanilla only. Why is it that STEP hasn't recommended ENBoost + Shadows and Parallax Enabled only at least? It would alleviate said problems and doesn't come with a huge perf hit.

I've been doing that a bit on my own to try and get the right combo, but we'd have to have a different set up for ENB with graphics on and then disable everything from [EFFECTS] in enbseries.ini except Detailed Shadows I guess. Performance hit with the graphics setting true is ~5 FPS even with everything else off.

Hmm, it really doesn't look that good on those screens... Does it look better if you disable shadows completely for testings sake?

The textures are actually very bumpy instead of smooth like the vanilla ones. I like the carvings and lights from VL, they really bring out the effects very well, but the stones aren't all that great. I'd like to some other standing replacers if anyone knows one post it and I'll take some more shots.

the pictures are made with vanilla only, this textures are more designed for an ENB. If you don't use one, you also have to apply the non enb patch. Couldn't get parallax working for vanilla only, so I disabled it on most surfaces. The bumpiness on the stones isn't caused by parallax and absolutely wanted, they should look much weathered than original, though it looks indeed too strong with Vanilla...

- the answer to my curious question about the textures.

Ess, regarding the screenshots, did you make them with pure vanilla game or did you use ENB? According to Nexus page, if you don't use ENB, you're supposed to slap the non-ENB patch over the mod, it seems.

Ess, regarding the screenshots, did you make them with pure vanilla game or did you use ENB? According to Nexus page, if you don't use ENB, you're supposed to slap the non-ENB patch over the mod, it seems.

C'mon dude. I had separate MO profiles setup for ENB and NON ENB and made two installs of the VL mods and added the NON-ENB patch to that install. This ain't my first rodeo. And really I don't think that overall these are bad, I think vanilla lighting is bad and that these need better shadows. I can't do STEP testing with any other way though and I'd like that to be clear. We let users pick their own lighting and weather mods, so these might look better in that context. I'm not going to test that though and someone else can do that.

Not to be used for testing, obviously, but wanted to share this screen anyways. SR:LE with Unreal Cinema ENB, including this mod:

Posted Image

Yeah I noticed these were good when I had PNENB on. I'd recommend any ENB setup to consider all of these VL mods as they are second to none when going for that type of setup.

Ess' date=' regarding the screenshots' date=' did you make them with pure vanilla game or did you use ENB? According to Nexus page, if you don't use ENB, you're supposed to slap the non-ENB patch over the mod, it seems.[/quote'']

C'mon dude. I had separate MO profiles setup for ENB and NON ENB and made two installs of the VL mods and added the NON-ENB patch to that install. This ain't my first rodeo. And really I don't think that overall these are bad, I think vanilla lighting is bad and that these need better shadows. I can't do STEP testing with any other way though and I'd like that to be clear. We let users pick their own lighting and weather mods, so these might look better in that context. I'm not going to test that though and someone else can do that.

Easy there, I have no idea about your methodology. Plus, I am new here and have no idea. Forgive me for daring to ask a question.

In general even if you got parallax in vanilla then it is badly implemented, and requires ENB to fix various bugs with it... sort of like shadow stripping. Vanilla has the feature, but fails completely in terms of quality.

In general this mod would never work without proper parallax, quite as simple as that.

This is also that answer to the question the "Why do I need to use ENB" questions... it fixes bugs.

hey guys:)

the picture in Vanilla only do look awful indeed... regardless if Non-ENB-patch applied or not^^

Have to say, I design all my mods while using ENB, they work best with it's parallax correction. 

The non-ENB patches are more like an emergency bugfix, don't bring up half the attention for them...

As others wrote, most of us do use a personalized ENB setup.

Though I can understand easily why you can't imply that in your decisions... testing would NEVER stop:)

P.s

The signs themselves do use only a normal map, no parallax map.

For the Non-ENB version I couldn't apply parallax without distortions on stone-surfaces, so I skipped it entirely.

If you really want the parallax without all of the ENB stuff, just grab the ENB Parallax Only Config 221 preset on the Project Parallax Remastered page. It comes at a slight performance cost to me, so I don't use it, but I'm on a bad system, so for most people it should be fine.

• 1 month later...