Realistic Nights (by MountainFisherman)

Scafremon

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49472/

Hi.

I did not see a discussion thread on the above mod. Has this mod been considered for STEP? I just finished installing STEP 2.2.7 but am looking for a darker nights mod, so was curious to get STEP people input.

Thanks!

Edit: I did not realize this mod was so new. Hope you guys get a chance to share your opinions when possible. 

Confusing installer instructions though with the Optional IS Patches. Has "Vanilla Skyrim IS Fix" which says to use if you don't have DG or DB. Then it has DG & DB IS Fixes that say to use the vanilla one with them, and no indication if you're supposed to use all three or what.. Heh. Well I suppose I'll just choose none for now, since they are not required, only recommended.

We should do a compare of this vs the equivalent (in terms of equal darkness) CoT Night plugin. I have a feeling that this mod will look better based on the descriptions of torches and ambient light actually showing up at night. The FOMOD makes no sense to me though. Anyone know how which files to select regarding Cot Nights Level whatever?

Awesome looking mod. This would be really good for STEP' date=' but Smile, why would you add it to your pack if the CoT Patch already addresses the night level?[/quote']

The reason is that many night darkening settings work by using something like an overlay that just makes everything darker including light sources. This mod works differently so that light sources illuminate as they are supposed to. The weather pack doesn't need this but I may include it as an optional instaed of CoT WP night levels.. I have used this extensively though more testing is needed and the install instructions are confusing to say the least (as mentioned earlier)

:)

The IS patches are unnecessary. I was actually surprised that there are absolutely no conflicts needing a patch with STEP 2.2.7 Core if you load the esps in the correct order. Needs a BOSS entry. You can guess pretty easily where they should go in your plugins list.

Glad you all found this of interest. I had originally installed all the IS files - I will re-install and remove them.

The mod is definitely dark. I tried the default (darkest), and then the brightest option, and both are very dark. I also installed the torch light option. The torch light seems a bit saturated (not sure if that is correct description).

As for load order, my guess is no good. :-) I have at end until advised otherwise.

DoubleYou: I was tempted to try the RCRN installation before I found this dark nights mod. I still may try RCRN, but being semi new to modding, I am waiting until I am a bit more comfortable with following the instructions. Thanks for those though.

I have them right after the CoT WP plugins.

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX - Exteriors.esp

ELFX - Dawnguard.esp

ELFX - Dragonborn.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

AOS_COT-DG Patch.esp

ClimatesOfTamriel Falskaar.esp

Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp

CoT-WeatherPatch_ESS.esp

RealisticNights+COT+DB+DG.esp

RealisticNights-COTWP-SS-ESSpatch.esp

RealisticNights torches magic lights.esp

Realistic Nights NightEyePredatorVision.esp

RealisticNights-MPABpatch.esp

ELFXEnhancer.esp

:)

EDIT: This mod is now in the weather pack as an option with full install instructions.