Skyrim.exe - The Way It Should Have Been by Kahenraz

Kahenraz

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only file that this tool modifies is "..Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini" to force windowed mode with "bFull Screen=0" and "iSize W/iSize H" if you specify a value other than 0 for ScreenWidth/ScreenHeight in Skyrim.ini.

I do not modify any other files on disk and do not write to the registry. You can confirm this by setting TESV.exe and any other file you think is being modified to read-only.

z929669, I can see that you're having some trouble but I'm going to need clear instructions on how to reproduce an error to even attempt to fix this.

Also of note, if any program in the chain is set to forcibly run in administrative mode, then you should set them ALL to run in administrative mode. For example, Skyrim.exe will fail to work properly if skse_loader.exe or TESV.exe is set to run as an administrator; either disable this setting or enable it for Skyrim.exe.

The only file that this tool modifies is "..Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkyrimPrefs.ini" to force windowed mode with "bFull Screen=0" and "iSize W/iSize H" if you specify a value other than 0 for ScreenWidth/ScreenHeight in Skyrim.ini.

I do not modify any other files on disk and do not write to the registry. You can confirm this by setting TESV.exe and any other file you think is being modified to read-only.

z929669, I can see that you're having some trouble but I'm going to need clear instructions on how to reproduce an error to even attempt to fix this.

Also of note, if any program in the chain is set to forcibly run in administrative mode, then you should set them ALL to run in administrative mode. For example, Skyrim.exe will fail to work properly if skse_loader.exe or TESV.exe is set to run as an administrator; either disable this setting or enable it for Skyrim.exe.

thanks for dropping by ...

Sadly, I cannot reproduce my issues either :/

I do sometimes have issues running from MO, but again, not reproduceable. at this point, I have to assume user error. It does clarify some things for me that the app modifies the skyrimprefs.ini Full Screen value. that explains why it was opening in windowed mode when I bypassed the app (that was very perplexing for me until I found the source and just learned that skyrimprefs.ini setting is altered by the app).

I still like it for STEP, but would like other new users to run via MO before adopting ... just to be sure that my issue is an island :P

FYI

I noticed during my testing that the ENB shaders menu is not navigable in game ... that is, I think that this mod's mouse and focus capture preclude the use of the in-game ENB mouse cursor as a means to edit the shaders. For ENB testers and creators, this is a problem that could use a solution.

The in-game ENB shaders can be accessed normally by pressing Shift + Enter while in Skyrim.

Can anyone else confirm?

Try setting FixCursorVisibility in enblocal.ini to "false".

I'll do that, and will report back

thanks!

The setting has no impact

Try setting FixCursorVisibility in enblocal.ini to "false".

just tested this and no luck launching through mod organizer or starting normally. using wrapper version of ENB.
Same. ENB in-game settings are not functional with this mod in its current state.

This sounds like a bug with enb. When the mouse is captured then it is owned by the Skyrim game engine and it is out of my hands. I don't know how enb handles the cursor, but you should file a bug report worth them if it isn't hooking mouse clicks properly.

When the mouse is captured by the game, my tool is hands-off and let's it do it's thing.

Mouse capture in ENB is definitely broken. it is a bad hack that Boris won't likely fix ... if you load up an ENB (without your mod) and then press Shift + Enter, you will see the behavior. It is infuriating. Input for both the game and the ENB are simultaneous, and both have focus :/

With your mod, no focus is given to the ENB ... although, I am using my Xbox controller, so that could be the problem. Will try without and let you know.

• 3 months later...