Skyrim.exe - The Way It Should Have Been by Kahenraz

Kahenraz

Double cursor fix. Would need directions for MO to add Skyrim.exe as executable and to start Skyrim.exe when wanting to play it loads SKSE. The alt-tab functionality is freakin' amazing, so smooth compared to vanilla.

Could you elaborate? I will test now, but want to get it configured properly in MO

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• In the executable drop down choose Edit...
  • Type Skyrim.exe into the title box
  • Then browse to the Skyrim folder and select Skyrim.exe
  • Select that executable in MO when you run Skyrim
  • If you see the splash screen with the Skyrim emblem with loading on it then it is working.
  • There is also a Skyrim.ini in the Skyrim directory that is for this app to customize some stuff.
  • If running in windowed mode try out alt-tab or minimize skyrim, resize the window, maximize, double cursor doesn't show up... all that stuff is what you have to try. I'd suggest turning off borderless window ATM to try out the features.

• In the executable drop down choose Edit...
  • Type Skyrim.exe into the title box
  • Then browse to the Skyrim folder and select Skyrim.exe
  • Select that executable in MO when you run Skyrim
  • If you see the splash screen with the Skyrim emblem with loading on it then it is working.
  • There is also a Skyrim.ini in the Skyrim directory that is for this app to customize some stuff.
  • If running in windowed mode try out alt-tab or minimize skyrim, resize the window, maximize, double cursor doesn't show up... all that stuff is what you have to try. I'd suggest turning off borderless window ATM to try out the features.
:?

I added as an executable, and I get the splashscreen, but no game launch ...

I can get it to work fine, but not via MO. It does not launch, but just quits.

Did you extract everything from the mod's archive to /skyrim?

Make sure to turn both the ENBlocal.ini lines for [WINDOW] to false, if you are trying this. Also, in SkyrimPrefs.ini make sure bfullscreen=0, it might be ifullscreen, I forget off the top of my head.

No luck. I just will not run via MO for me. Goes all the way to launch and just quits. Running directly works fine (but I don't get my MO mods laoded).

There must be some other clash with MO that we aren't thinking of. Do you execute via MO?

Try disabling your antivirus.

No, that would not make sense, since I can launch Skyrim.exe directly from my game folder. It bombs when launched via MO.

Looking at Process Hacker after launching via MO, the Skyrim.exe process loads (with splashscreen) and eventually so do TESV.exe and enbhost.exe, but then all three turn red, quit, MO % rapidly goes to 100%, and that's it.

Again, can anyone confirm that this runs via MO? If this does not work for everyone, then we cannot use it in STEP. If I am doing something wrong or if I am missing a crucial step, I am not aware of it.

I added Skyrim.exe as an MO executable just as I did for many other programs that I launch from MO (like WB). I leave MO running in the config options when launching the process via MO, but I have MO running when I launch directly too.

It runs for me in Mod Organizer, but I can tell right away that I won't be using it. You have to enable Aero, and I always disable it when I play Skyrim so as to have more VRAM available. Also the borderless thing pixelates. And I don't want to load Skyrim through 5 different loaders!

Try disabling your antivirus.

No, that would not make sense, since I can launch Skyrim.exe directly from my game folder. It bombs when launched via MO.

Looking at Process Hacker after launching via MO, the Skyrim.exe process loads (with splashscreen) and eventually so do TESV.exe and enbhost.exe, but then all three turn red, quit, MO % rapidly goes to 100%, and that's it.

Again, can anyone confirm that this runs via MO? If this does not work for everyone, then we cannot use it in STEP. If I am doing something wrong or if I am missing a crucial step, I am not aware of it.

I added Skyrim.exe as an MO executable just as I did for many other programs that I launch from MO (like WB). I leave MO running in the config options when launching the process via MO, but I have MO running when I launch directly too.

I really have no clue, I've tried a bunch of different options and messed with the INI for it and can't get it to break.

It runs for me in Mod Organizer but I can tell right away that I won't be using it. You have to enable Aero, and I always disable it when I play Skyrim so as to have more VRAM available. Also the borderless thing pixelates. And I don't want to load Skyrim through 5 different loaders!

I haven't seen any performance loss at all. I do keep Aero on, but that is only to get rid of the black background behind the bordered window.

OK, until I can get a clear idea why I am having issues running via MO, I have to add this back to testing.

Glad you commented DoubleYou, because performance and convenience are important factors too. Sometimes the best info comes after tentatively accepting a mod ;)

It runs for me in Mod Organizer but I can tell right away that I won't be using it. You have to enable Aero, and I always disable it when I play Skyrim so as to have more VRAM available. Also the borderless thing pixelates. And I don't want to load Skyrim through 5 different loaders!

I haven't seen any performance loss at all. I do keep Aero on, but that is only to get rid of the black background behind the bordered window.

It's only going to affect users with low-end systems.

Since setting this up to execute Skyrim.exe, it has not worked. I no longer have my SKSE main window link (next to the "ptential Problems" icon in upper right); however, when running via SKSE link in the dropdown EXE select menu, suddenly I am launching Skyrim in a window that is too bit to fit on my monitor. What the hell?