disabling esp question

Razorsedge877

Question

Question #1

If I install the unofficial Hi Res patch MO tells me that it is a dummy esp and to disable it. So I'm guessing I can double click the mod itself and pull up the optional esp tab and move the esp into the top box saving an esp slot in my load order. If that is the case can I do the same thing with the moonlight tales esp if I use moonlight tales and Werewolf Mastery?

Question #2

Just to make sure I understand this right can I do the above question with any esp that MO says is a dummy esp?

Question #3

I unpack my bsas. will this have an effect on question 1 and 2

2 answers to this question

When I play Vanilla Skyrim without MO I 've got VRam usage ~1300 with HighResTexturePack. (HD Readon 7870 2GB Vram)

When I play Skyrim through MO with enabled HighResTexturePack Archive and disabled HRTP esp (MO shows esp as dummy) I 've got VRAm usage ~990

Finally when I play Skyrim with enabled HRTP esp in MO I' ve got ~1300 VRam usage.

Conclusion - When you disabled dummy esp you turn off mod even when MO shows it as dummy.

Could someone help me understand this ?

When I play Vanilla Skyrim without MO I 've got VRam usage ~1300 with HighResTexturePack. (HD Readon 7870 2GB Vram)

When I play Skyrim through MO with enabled HighResTexturePack Archive and disabled HRTP esp (MO shows esp as dummy) I 've got VRAm usage ~990

Finally when I play Skyrim with enabled HRTP esp in MO I' ve got ~1300 VRam usage.

Conclusion - When you disabled dummy esp you turn off mod even when MO shows it as dummy.

Could someone help me understand this ?

In order to turn off a dummy esp and still load the mod, you have to either:

a. Go into the BSAs tab in the right pane and place a checkmark beside the BSA

b. Extract the BSA into loose files

Question #1

If I install the unofficial Hi Res patch MO tells me that it is a dummy esp and to disable it. So I'm guessing I can double click the mod itself and pull up the optional esp tab and move the esp into the top box saving an esp slot in my load order. Yes. If that is the case can I do the same thing with the moonlight tales esp if I use moonlight tales and Werewolf Mastery?

I do not know since I don't use that mod. If the esp is a dummy, however, and you either have extracted the BSA or have it checked in the BSAs tab, you don't need the esp.

Question #2

Just to make sure I understand this right can I do the above question with any esp that MO says is a dummy esp?

Yes, if the esp is a dummy and you either have extracted the BSA or have it checked in the BSAs tab, you don't need the esp.

Question #3

I unpack my bsas. will this have an effect on question 1 and 2

Yes, if you unpack the BSAs, the dummy esps are not needed.