Ash Rocks by michaelrw

torminater

I've been using this mod for a while and it's a clear improvement over vanilla. I think NEO recommends the 2k Less Ash - Dense Version or something like that, with the Sulfar Rocks add-on. I believe that is the best looking one. And yea, you can't tell the difference when going from 2k to 4k but you definitely can when going from 1k to 2k.

Hmm... title search doesn't work for me then.

I do not like the sulfur rocks add on so much. It looks like green paint, which is like the vanilla ash that looks like gray paint. In game I like the 2K Fine or 2K Dense with More Ash. All screens were more ash. The problem is that with the vanilla lighting of Solsthiem you can't see the Dense version that much since it is always overcast. 4k was overkill and that is why I didn't include it.

I've done that a few times. Really sucks when you live alone and no one is there to even wake you up. Even the dog gives me that look like, "Get your s**t together".

I have become quite found of the less ash SMIM 2k Fine version of this mod. There isn't any crazy performance hit from using the 2k version and the 1k stuff is just meh. I don't recommend the sulfur optional file though, I'm not sold on it yet.

• 1 year later...

When AMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape was being evaluated SRB made a comment that at first glance Ash Rocks seemed to work well with it, but it seemed there was never time to compare AMidianBorn Solstheim Landscape with and without Ash Rocks added. Ash Rocks is currently in Neo's SR:LE. Should we revisit this?

• 9 months later...