Vivid Landscapes - Imperial Forts by Aron

z929669

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vivid Landscape - All in One should be used instead.

VL files should not be overwritten by other mods either, so if you want to compare both meshes and according textures need to be replaced, in sets, so you avoid overlapping between regular and parallex.

I am doing that, but we can't use a mish mash of these mods with VL. I was thinking VL for a couple exteriors, SRO for the rest, and AMB for interiors, but VL changes meshes from parallax support. I don't want to sift through the meshes to find out which ones to disable for testing and then run 3 or 4 test versions like I did for landscape. It would take days to complete that, where just textures only takes me hours. As of right now I'm for a mix of SRO and AMB outdoors and AMB indoors.

This will probably go in the next update, which is good because tech and phazer might be back by then to help testing.

Could someone briefly explain what Parallax is? I see it references absolutely everywhere' date=' but I don't quite understand what it actually is. Another injector like ENB or something?[/quote']

It is a texture/mesh interaction that creates the illusion of increased normal-map steepness. Basically, it increases the 3D effect of 2D objects.

Great effect, but depends upon ENB (usually), and is not universally applied to all game objects. It is therefore not included in STEP (and it adds to the complexity of the setup)

The game itself can do parallax, however it has bugs. ENB fixes these bugs. The thing is mod authors need to take into account if the bugs are fixed or not when making textures. So on the VL pages you will see a Non-ENB version for this reason if for some odd reason you don't run any ENB.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

This is what I've gathered...

Project Parallax Remastered should be placed AFTER SRO (in this case, i'm using the Project Parallax Remastered SRO Version so I placed it after SRO)

If a mod contains its own Parallax effects/textures/meshes/whatever, it should be placed AFTER Project Parallax Remastered

Parallax requires ENB to look correct. Some Parallax effects don't' require ENB (such as Real Ice Parallax) but the majority do.

I hope that clears up your confusion and if I'm wrong on any of this, please correct me. This gets confusing for me sometimes too.

Sorry to go off-topic, feel free to spin this off into a Tech Support Thread if needed.