Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn (Lord Conti)

Noobsayer

Nexus Link

Adds an exportable journal that you can type in while in-game. Can hold up to hundreds of pages apparently.

I loaded this up on a test save and it was a lot of fun. I'm a bit concerned (because I don't really understand how it works) of performance impact if you had a lot of entries, or possibly adding to script load (again, I dunno if they only run while you're actively using it or not).

I've been using this since its release. The scripts only run when you have the journal open. I've been helping the author with extensive testing. He plans on making an import function and also trying to figure it how to make it an actual book you carry in your inventory.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just to confirm, this isn't the sort of thing that will have any performance impact at all on your game. It only runs when you open the menu, and the data is stored outside of your save file entirely. And more to the point of the mod, the latest visual book setup looks amazing.. this is really a phenomenal modding achievement, not easy to pull off.

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this thread in case anyone comes here looking for an answer to what I thought was a major issue with this mod. It seemed to be the cause of a massive FPS drop nearly every time I typed in the journal. My FPS would drop down to 3 and it would persist even after I closed the journal. If you're having this issue it's not the mod, it's the setting KeyBruteForce in your enblocal.ini When you type shift+b it turns it on, in other words every time you type a capital B you're turning on brute force, a mode meant for screenarchers, and it tanks your FPS. This is probably not a problem for most people, but anyone using this mod is inevitably going to be typing a capital B at one point or another. To fix it change KeyBruteForce to 0 to turn it off.

Thanks much to yuser who figured this out.

Edited by aaltair