Skyrim Memory patch 3.0

Aiyen

UPDATE: All of this mods functionality is now incorporated into SKSE

Brand new info on this ever annoying issue with ILS, and ugrids! 

https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729

IF THE ABOVE LINK DOES NOT WORK:

•  
  • Go to: https://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/
  • Click "Other" forum title under "Advertise mods" forum category
  • Click "Skyrim Memory Patch - fixing ILS, uGrids CTD, freezes" (see OP)
  • It is very interresting read backed up with facts, figures, and general good humor, and common sense! I highly recommend that people with issues take a look! 

What we are interested in knowing in this thread is feedback of what your experience is with this, and what sort of system specs, and mod list you are using. The more information we can gather the easier it will be to possibly improve upon this so that it can help more people get an enjoyable skyrim experience at the limits of what their computers can handle! 

Enjoy, and let the commentary/test data throwing begin!

Patched DLL attached at bottom of OP (Neo's version)

Memory Logger SKSE plugin at bottom of OP

It will write the size of the memory blocks to a log file while playing and is supposed to help people to find a good size for block 1 without having to constantly tab out and refresh VMMap.

Maybe some of you good people could test it? There is a readme in the zip and the 3 ini settings are explained in the ini itself. It should be all straight forward really.
    I will check ENB forum and here for feedback in case it doesn't work or whatever else.

Do not repost MemoryBlocksLog-1.0.zip anywhere please. It is currently in beta and will be released officially once its safety and usefulness has been tested.
    Mod, you can add it to first post of this thread together with this text of course.

Thanks

Recommended to also install:

To assess Memory allocation with VMMap:

The following is what I did to measure memory allocation in my own game, but it has been suggested to implement windowed mode using enblocal.ini or Borderless Windows to improve Alt+Tabbing between apps (this kills the TESV process on my system in full-screen mode). Others have reported that windowed mode also behaves strangely, so experiment and do what works.

VMMap Output with explanation

ENBoost%2Bmemhack006.png

Skyrim Performance Monitor Output

Baseline: STEP:Core 2.2.8  
    Baseline.png

STEP:Core 2.2.8 with Safety Load and Stable uGrids
    SL%2BSU.png

STEP:Core 2.2.8 with ENBoost first, then with ENBoost + sheson's patched dll second (this has two runs in one, so note the x-axis for direct compare among the three figs).
    ENBoost%2Bmemhack.png

The scale is the same in all counts: About 300 seconds of measurement with the max horizontal at 3 GB and 100% for top and bottom charts, respectively.

These are showing the effects only of ENBoost and not the patch. Note the flip of memory allocation between VRAM and RAM when invoking ENBoost and increased GPU clocking. I had not previously been using ENBoost, so my observations could be with regard to that patch alone, and I cannot attest to the effects of sheson's patch methods with regard to skse_steam_loader.dll.

Note about SKSE.ini
    Due to several people having issues with this here is just a short mention about it. When you create your SKSE.ini make sure it is not called SKSE.ini.txt. This will happen if you just create a .txt file using the normal window right click. Either copy in a for example one of your skyrim.ini files and rename it, and delete all its content and add the SKSE specific entires. Or use a program like notepad++ that can create ini files for you. 

•  

•  
      • CellStabilizer (Stable uGrids) (install with Mod Organizer)
      • ENBoost (ONLY the following needed) (place in folder):
      • d3d9.dll
      • enbhost.exe
      • enblocal.ini (ignore all other settings, they have no effect)
      • UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
      •  
      • Launch VMMap
      • Launch Task Manager
      • Launch Skyrim (skse_loader.exe) via MO or any other method
      • Quickly select the TESV.exe process in VMMap (Ctrl+p) before the game launches
      • Load up an intensive savegame
      • Alt+Tab back to VMMap and hit F5 to refresh
      • Click on the "Committed" column header to sort descending (see above graphic)
      • The first two Address nodes should correspond to MemBlocks 1 & 2, respectively
      • Note the bit values under the "Private WS" column header (convert to KB by dividing by 1024^2)
      • The skse MemBlock INI settings should be about 10-25 KB higher than indicated under "Private WS" (assuming that this is the max allocation)
      • NOTE: Alt_Tabbing back to Skyrim likely will crash skyrim if Skyrim Performance Monitor is running with counters active and ENBoost is also running AND "Attempt support for custom D3D9.dll" is ticked within SPM > Settings. Uncheck this box to disable the in-game counters and still get the data collection in the graph and associated XML
    •  
  •  

skse_steam_loader - PATCHED.7z

MemoryBlocksLog-1.1.zip

Bro read what the site says, it is fairly detailed in regards to what is required, and what it replace.

Since I do not have any ILS issues on my setup then it is not something I plan on using directly myself, but I know a lot of other people here have issues with such!

Bro read what the site says, it is fairly detailed in regards to what is required, and what it replace.

Since I do not have any ILS issues on my setup then it is not something I plan on using directly myself, but I know a lot of other people here have issues with such!

Supposedly it also fixes CTD on cell boundaries and possibly freezes as well... so not just for ILS. In any case, I'm reinstalling my VS 2010 professional disk now. :)

Also, it's fixes/tools like this that allow us to push boundaries until we hit yet another one! MOAR POWER! :P haha

Giving this a try as well. However I ran into an issue, with Visual C++ (keep in mind I have never used this before). Everything was going fine until I clicked "build" under "Steam Loader" and got this error message:

"warning MSB8012: TargetPath(D:\SkyrimDownloads\skse_1_06_16\skse_1_06_16\src\skse\Release\steam_loader.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (D:\SkyrimDownloads\skse_1_06_16\skse_1_06_16\src\skse\Release\skse_steam_loader.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile)."

As I have not used this program before, I have no idea how to fix this. Anyone with more knowledge able to help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Giving this a try as well. However I ran into an issue, with Visual C++ (keep in mind I have never used this before). Everything was going fine until I clicked "build" under "Steam Loader" and got this error message:

"warning MSB8012: TargetPath(D:\SkyrimDownloads\skse_1_06_16\skse_1_06_16\src\skse\Release\steam_loader.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (D:\SkyrimDownloads\skse_1_06_16\skse_1_06_16\src\skse\Release\skse_steam_loader.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile)."

As I have not used this program before, I have no idea how to fix this. Anyone with more knowledge able to help me out or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Warning MSB8012: TargetPath does not match the Linker's OutputFile property ...

Go to Properties->Configuration Properties->General. Change the values in Output Directory, Intermediate Directory, Target Name, and Target Extension to match the Linker's OutputFile property value given in the error message.

Worked for me. :)

Seems like it. Here's my replacement file..

This does have a different activation method. Specifically, add this to the SKSE.ini instead:

[Samurai]
InNYC=1
Run, and enjoy. I've just got done testing it - had 162 total ESPs (and quite a few more mods), and I ran around Skyrim using my test character. While I would normally crash at some point (usually from Morthral to Dawnstar), this time, I was able to run the whole trip without having any crashes. Only issue was that so much memory was used that Skyrim risked getting my whole system out of memory. And I use 8.0 GB of good RAM. Convenient Horse's script latency tester was in around the 80-100 MS range avg. - not really that noticable.

This really, really does work. Next, testing with Player Headtracking, Burn Freeze Shock, Deadly Spell Impact, and SkyTEST. With Inconsequential NPCs for good measure.

Guess this will teach all those who said "8Gb is enough for gaming... do not get 16Gb it is a waste" a lesson ;)

Nice to see that this is so far working out nicely! Still waiting for the first report of "This fried my computer" hehe