aMidianBorn Farmhouse (by CaBaL)

DoYouEvenModBro

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is at least 2 for AMB and 2 for SRO... Phaser didn't really say one way or the other.

Oh fine since you pulled my leg and just for the sake of me not having to justify the texture to myself anymore I can totally get behind AMB. Though of course aren't there other farmhouse mods in testing?

Okay, I tested these in-game now.

I'm preferring the AMB rope texture now. Up real close it doesn't do well, but none really do well up close. The AMB rope texture from reasonable distance is much better.

I agree that the thatch roofs should be hid.

The stone floor inside from AMB must be used. Tried mixing it with SRO and it doesn't work, and I'm thinking I might be starting to like the AMB one better anyway.

The wooden walkway outside and the door, I cannot agree to accept this mod if we have those in. It is that much of a dealbreaker to me. It'll squeak by at night or in rain. But in the daytime, I cannot go along with them at all. Loaded up Dragonsbridge in the morning hours with the sun shining down. The walkway looks like someone sanded it. The door looks out of place. I will have to vote NO unless we can remove these two textures. Loaded up the corresponding textures from both Insanity and Real Wood Textures and liked them better, and I don't even like Insanity's texture for either of those! If Real Wood Textures didn't have a greenish stain at the bottom of the door, which doesn't work inside, I would advocate using it for only those two textures.

Okay, I tested these in-game now.

I'm preferring the AMB rope texture now. Up real close it doesn't do well, but none really do well up close. The AMB rope texture from reasonable distance is much better.

I agree that the thatch roofs should be hid.

The stone floor inside from AMB must be used. Tried mixing it with SRO and it doesn't work, and I'm thinking I might be starting to like the AMB one better anyway.

The wooden walkway outside and the door, I cannot agree to accept this mod if we have those in. It is that much of a dealbreaker to me. It'll squeak by at night or in rain. But in the daytime, I cannot go along with them at all. Loaded up Dragonsbridge in the morning hours with the sun shining down. The walkway looks like someone sanded it. The door looks out of place. I will have to vote NO unless we can remove these two textures. Loaded up the corresponding textures from both Insanity and Real Wood Textures and liked them better, and I don't even like Insanity's texture for either of those! If Real Wood Textures didn't have a greenish stain at the bottom of the door, which doesn't work inside, I would advocate using it for only those two textures.

You can't have it absolutely perfect. Not even SRO (what we've been using) is perfect. Something will have to give. I seen no issue with the walkway. The door isn't good but SRO stands way out when mixed. The door would have to stay unless we found another mod that replaces it and just a few other textures. Personally, I love the direction that Real Wood takes. The green mossy look, looks just right in many of the shots but I haven't tested it in-game. I understand your hesitation; however, even if your vote ends up being a "no" vote, there are far more "yes" vote to accept the mod.

Okay, so I did a reexamination of the walkway. I will agree that the textures do look a bit blurred which would cause a sanded look; however, nearly all the mod's texture for this walkway are a bit blurred. I must have something to do with the mesh since all textures react in a similar manner. The AMB also does have a rather bad glow in the lantern light at certain times:

AMB >> Real Wood

Posted ImagePosted Image

I also did a quick compare with Real Wood...I like Real Wood! There is a version that is 1K and removes the default mossy look so you just get the wood. It is quite nice. Now I'm not too sure about a Pure AMB (there are still a lot of non-conflicted files from AMB). Adding Real Wood (which basically only covers the wood textures) over AMB might be the way to go (might be able to just put it atop SRO and forget AMB). Here's a few quick shots I took:

AMB/SRO Mix >> AMB/SRO Mix with Real Wood

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm sorry. I still can agree with the AMB ropes. They stand out way too much from the surrounding textures and don't blend making them look like they don't belong.

@The rest of the users,

Please try this combinations out in-game before you make a final judgement. The screenshots do not always correctly portray how the textures look and feel while in-game.

If there is some interest in Real Wood, then we can do some SRO>>AMB/SRO Mix>>Real Wood compares

I prefer AMB (hiding the roof and rope) + Real Wood Textures (using the no green moss version and hiding the fence and stone wall) the best. They fit well together. Some compares at Dragon's Bridge (Use this Imgur album for better viewing):

HRDLC --> STEP --> AMB --> AMB + Real Wood

Inside

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Outside

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I still like the rope:

AMB (hiding roof) + Real Wood (no green moss, hiding stone wall and woven fence)

Posted Image

There are only four textures provided by Real Wood: The walkways, the door, the wooden walls, and the beams. I tried hiding the beams and the wooden walls, which works, but was vastly inferior to using them.

I vote this mixture for STEP.

I prefer AMB (hiding the roof and rope) + Real Wood Textures (using the no green moss version and hiding the fence and stone wall) the best. They fit well together.

/snip/

I vote this mixture for STEP.

I completely agree and vote for this mixture as well! It looks very nice in-game.