Skyrim Realistic Texture Overhaul - Mountains

Sakedo

Disliked the textures... they do not fit with what I have currently. They are in fact almost too well done. I think a few of the details actually stand out too much so that you start to see the repetitive pattern in the texture a bit too much. Also a few of the highlights are a bit too bright imo.

But mostly they just do not fit with my other landscape uses currently! Also I am very picky when it comes to the color of the rock textures... currently I use a dark grey/brown mix which just fits... going away from that ruin the view for me.

That said then the texture is really detailed and as the shots show excellent for screenshots! Quite a bit of detail have been put in for both good and bad, as I mentioned above.

hehe

Would be a really bad place to go for anything, since I only test mods based on my own very limited build!

There is a reason why I am a horrible horrible mod tester! I am getting old and conservative about my Skyrim stuff! ;)

That said then this texture mod is not bad by any means, but it just does not fit to my needs atm!

Mountain textures in skyrim actually work the best when the author doesn't try and do very much. The problem is that every mountain range in skyrim should probably get a unique texture, and instead they get one, which looks fine in some places, and looks terrible in others. I find that more the texture tries to do the more it doesn't seem to fit in most places.

My biggest gripe with this mod is there seems to be a light indigo in the texture that seems a touch odd. Certainly deviates quite a bit from skryim and doesn't seem to make sense in the landscape.