Daedric Dawnbreaker (by jhelzei)

Dzurky

I'd like to recommend this mod to next STEP because it adds a lot of realism and immersion to Skyrim. It's a mod that was reviewed in the latest Gopher's Skyrim Mod Sanctuary video. The basic idea of this mod originally was to change the burn damage of Dawnbreaker into sun damage but later another awesome feature was made and that was that it would react as a light source/torch as well. So you can walk around with your Dawnbreaker in your hand or sheathed and it would act like a torch/wearable lantern. 

Link to the mod : https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27789/?

[video=youtube]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIjZNiq5lNY

It doesn't appear to get rid of the undead explosion. I agree that Dawnbreaker is quite underwhelming' date=' but would recommend the no stagger version.[/quote']

So just so I understand, this is a one-handed sword (which I currently have Lydia carrying actually :P) that does a pitiful amount of damage? So all this mod does it give it the same base damage as a regular daedric sword and allows for a Legendary smithing upgrade? It also changes the language of "fire damage" to "sun damage"? Does that mean anything significant or is that just language? 

But other than the damage increase and smithing perks, the enchantment effect is the same?

I haven't actually installed or used the mod, but from Gopher's video, it does sun damage, with triple damage to undead, does the whole scare the draugr explosion thingy, adds a light effect so you can see in dark places that is almost brighter than a torch, is craftable up to Legendary, and is same damage rating as daedric sword.

I haven't actually installed or used the mod' date=' but from Gopher's video, it does sun damage, with triple damage to undead, does the whole scare the draugr explosion thingy, adds a light effect so you can see in dark places that is almost brighter than a torch, is craftable up to Legendary, and is same damage rating as daedric sword.[/quote']

Sounds good to me. I'll have to watch his video and check out the mod. I never understood why they made some unique daedric weapons have such terrible base damages. 

I was going to ask about that. Personally I'd rather not have a reminder that there was a spam message I think it just clutters things up. Also seriously AI has done some nice(read scary) leaps forward if the spam bots are getting past both the recaptcha and the context based question. Although I guess the programmer(s) might just have the bot(s) hooked up to a database that has a look-up for commonly used questions.