FNV with OneHUD and UnifiedHUD

EssArrBee

Question

I've been trying to put together a list of mods and install instructions for FNV for some time, but there is no real solution to using just one mod manager for FNV because of OneHUD and UnifiedHUD. The install scripts can only be used by NMM and I think FOMM which is a problem because neither of those seem to work through MO. NMM is 64-bit and FOMM crashes the second I try to install either mod.

Technically I can install OneHUD without the use of the installer, so that isn't my main problem, but UnifiedHUD is a different type of mod. I had heard about doing separate folder with the mods that UnifiedHUD needs to merge xml files then copying over, but that seems like a terrible thing for a guide to use if it is trying to simplify things for general users. The only thing I can think of is MO supporting 64-bit binaries so MO can start NMM.

What do you guys think, is there a better way to address these two mods or do I just wait for a plugin or 64-bit support?

• Answers 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Before this goes off topic (caused by me), please send me a PM if you need some assistance. I think I can provide you with a good/small testcase which covers most problems. My results so far: It goes wrong the moment files have been 'overwritten' in NMM. If you want to see how I tested, please have a look at the mentioned issue in the issue tracker.

My compass and map cursor are gone. FNIS didn't work with MO so I installed it manually. That was when I started seeing the problem. I uninstalled FNIS, deleted all of it's files and the problem stayed. I started Skyrim from Steam and the compass and map cursor were back on. Then I went into MO and unchecked every single mod and still had the problem. Is there any way to fix it? 

My compass and map cursor are gone. FNIS didn't work with MO so I installed it manually. That was when I started seeing the problem. I uninstalled FNIS, deleted all of it's files and the problem stayed. I started Skyrim from Steam and the compass and map cursor were back on. Then I went into MO and unchecked every single mod and still had the problem. Is there any way to fix it?

I think you may have posted in the wrong thread.