Survival (by Smile44)

Hello smile, many of these mods are similar to the survival mods I use in my pack. I have been thinking for a while that my pack is getting a little large. I thought maybe I could remove the survival mods from my pack and simply recommend this instead. I think it would benefit the modularity of STEP packs too if you could use more of them together and use only the features you want. If you agree, I need to know if you plan to make additions to the pack or if it is finished. If you like I could also do some conflict resolution and add some patches to your pack, if it is needed?

I am happy with that. I have not tweaked this too often since I put it up back in the day, but do occasionally add something, the point was to keep it as simple as possible but I can develop it as a more complete pack with options. If you have suggestions or would like to add anything to make it compatible with your pack then that would be great, I will link to your pack for people who want to add more features etc..

::):

Great! ::):

I'm planning on splitting my pack to smaller packs, and by doing so I can skip the survival mods and link to this pack instead. I am also planning on making custom STEP patches if needed or simple patches if that fits the pack better. I'll keep my current pack page with the patches as they are for people who want to combine different packs and build their own patch.

As for suggestions on the survival pack, I think you should remove  RND and only keep iNeed. iNeed keeps getting support and new features and has no conflicts. RND has lots of conflicts, especially with STEP: Extended. You could mention that STEP: Extended users should install the replacement plugins for Cloaks and Winter is coming from the Complete crafting overhaul page.

I will be working with my packs(s) in the coming week or two and make patches etc. Only thing I'm a little concerned about in your pack is real shelters. Do you know if it works with REGS?

Some more suggestions: bandolier and bandolier dawnguard. I think it fits well with the survival/hunter type character. Possibly adding a carry weight penalty using iNeed. These mods needs a custom install of XP32 to avoid clipping between quivers and backpacks. This custom install needs belt fastened quivers to provide new animations. If you decide to add this you can check my current pack for details.

Edit: Better fast travel, works great as a companion to frostfalls hardcore settings.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • 2 months later...

You Hunger does go further, but I think it goes so far, even in the lighter version, that it makes food ridiculously scarce and is thus less believable.  Totally destroys the ambiance that food brings to the décor of the game.  Places where there should be food had hardly anything - like a jarl's kitchen and so forth.  Made the interior scenery drab and boring.

As always with these things, you have the option of not including mods that you don't want. Vanilla Skyrim has too much food, both iNeed and You Hunger address that but one has to decide what you want. I prefer You Hunger other people may not. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

::):

Edited by Smile44
  • 1 month later...

Question about Winter is Coming description you added. Do I still need the patch to keep it compatible with Cloaks of Skyrim if I'm gonna use these mods for CCO?

Edit: I see CCO main page has patches for the above too. This is gonna be tough unless you you could help Smile or another helper. I used to have MMO waaay back, but the original instructions are long gone now. Please if you don't mind. Thank you!

Alright, I got most of it done. I went with Cloaks - player only within the CCO Cloaks install, and because of that, the Dawnguard esp within this same installer wants the master for "Cloaks.esp". Can I simply change the name to "Cloaks - Player Only"? Strange that it didn't fix itself. Help please :(

I did it multiple times. Still to no avail.

Edit: Ok forget Cloaks, I didn't even want them. I thought I had to have them to use the Patch for the new STEP, but what do I need to do with Better Fast Travel to work with the current STEP Core guide? I'll also ask in REGS.

Edited by FuzzRocket9
  • 2 weeks later...