Requiem - Hard Times by Azirok

Smile44

This mod is a useful addon to Requiem mainly because it makes Requiem more compatible with the unofficial patches. But it does a whole lot more than that.

LINK

What this mod does:

This is a modification of Skyrim using Requiem as the engine.

Some of the features you will find:

All gold costs for carriages and inns have increases. 500/200 carriages, 100 inns.

All gold drops have been lessened throughout Skyrim.

All jewel drops have been lessened.

All food drops have been lessened. (for those of you use needs mods)

NPC combat styles have been changed to make them faster and more adaptive to your fighting style.

Bonegrinding has been added. You grind bones and skulls into alchemical ingredients to make powerful potions and soul gems.

The soul gem loot system is dramatically changing. Soul gems will be the rare thing they should be. Whole soul gems have had their drops drastically reduced. Instead, more soul gem fragments will drop. You can take these fragments and include them with some of the bonegrinding ingredients to make full soul gems. There is a system to convert small soul gems into larger ones. Requiem's soul gem recipe's still stand. In addition to this, most staves can now be smelted down to a soul gem depending on the staves power.

You can now break perfect gems up into regular gems.

You can break some equipment down to either their metal OR their leather components, depending on what you need.

There will be 2-5% chance drops of "Perfect" or "Pristine" versions of pelts, tusks, skulls, etc that can be used for crafting unique items.

There are now stamina and mana tonics that work very much like Health Poultices. These are mainly for those like me who use needs mods and miss out Requiem food bonus properties.

There are several sets of "Battle Mage" gear. This gear is heavy armor, steel plate level, that carries robe like enchants. It weighs less than tradition heavy armor and provides a bit less armor. There are 4 sets of armor per magic school. Restoration school has Cleric Armor unique meshes and Mage Plate has unique meshes (that has been fixed if you've seen it in my Falskaar patch). These are better for casters than the ones I have included in the Immersive Armors patch. It will require a book that is found to craft.

There is a unique Ranger Armor that provides heavy armor protection that does not hamper sneaking ability as much as reguar heavy armor. It is craftable at 3 different levels depending on your skills in sneak, enchanting, and illusion magic. It will also require a book.

There are two new NPCs that wear these armors. The Battle Mage and The Ranger. They are mixed in nicely and provide a good fight.

There are several new weapons I have included. Some you have seen before, but I add my twist to them.

I found some users didn't like the fact that Requiem was designed without the unofficial patches in mind (most mods aren't). The unofficial patches will be required for Hard Times and will merge their changes with Requiem's to make sure all is right in the world. This insures that bug fixes are not inadvertantly overwritten by Requiem. Big thanks to ExImIeR for putting this part together.

Everything that Requiem misses as far as meltdown recipes I have added to Hard Times. Almost all clutter can be changed into something. Things like iron shields, and war axes can now be broken down. Even embalming equipment, saws, hammers, etc.

Some of the aspects of The Ring of Hircine quest have been changed to better represent a daedric quest. The quest rewards have been buffed accordingly.

Farkas will only do half of his Requiem damage.

Plus much more.........

:)

WIKI

• 2 months later...

Anyone has played with the mod so far and can tell if he'd recommend it? As much as I read from the forum most people like it but some complain about balance issues with the Battle Mages and Rangers and that Smithing and Alchemy would be easy to exploit and lvl up easily with the new added melting and powders.

I wish he had come out with hard times a few months earlier. the beta upload was about 45 hours into my current playthrough' date=' and i'm at 80 hours right now and I can't be asked to start again since this is my first serious playthrough after spending over 1k hours in game.[/quote']
quick question: is it safe to add this in a mid game requiem playthrough?

posted @ 1:55, 5 Nov 2013

azirok 48 kudos 473 posts

yessir

:teehee:

@Smile44 I was just afraid they'll maybe be everywhere and make every bandit camp harder or something. But I'll give it a go. Thanks :)

It does make things harder but not impossibly so, you can just as easily kill them as they can kill you, it's just that there are more of them so you need to be careful, use followers, or sniping tactics - shoot, kill, run, take up a new position and shoot again.

'tschilpi''62058''1388326138'
I wish he had come out with hard times a few months earlier. the beta upload was about 45 hours into my current playthrough' date=' and i'm at 80 hours right now and I can't be asked to start again since this is my first serious playthrough after spending over 1k hours in game.[/quote']
quick question: is it safe to add this in a mid game requiem playthrough?

posted @ 1:55, 5 Nov 2013

azirok 48 kudos 473 posts

yessir

NOT what I had gathered from the mod author at the beginning.  Admittedly, I have not been tracking it all that muc lately.  I would also like to point out that it is still entirely likely that adding Hard Times mid game will introduce some small bugs and glitches.  I'm sure that installing on a new game is still the healthier way to go about it to make sure that all intended edits function correctly.

Hard - Times is only an .esp file so it should not cause any major problems if you were to install it mid game. It does not modify any scripts.

BUT

A new game is always the best way to make sure you avoid and save game issues, in theory it is best to start a game and complete it without adding or removing any mods in between (extremely hard to do).

Hard - Times is only an .esp file so it should not cause any major problems if you were to install it mid game. It does not modify any scripts.

BUT

A new game is always the best way to make sure you avoid and save game issues, in theory it is best to start a game and complete it without adding or removing any mods in between (extremely hard to do).

way too late for that now i'm afraid hahaha, several good mods came out after I started my current playthrough a few months ago (months.......and yet only 80 hours on record according to the save.  sheesh)

I know there aren't any scripts, but it edits a lot of things such as crafting tables for example that I'm afraid are baked hard enough into my save at this point to really mess with.  Adding stuff is fine but any sort of changes could just cause more conflicts in a baked game at this point.

Absolutely, there are always problems when it comes to removing mods, adding them in though is usually less problematic - I think that HT is just an optional addition, the separate USKP patch is a must and should not cause any problems for you.

(That said if it's working don't mess with it).

Ah, I think you might have slightly misunderstood me here :) I appreciate the advice, but really i'm just grousing here. I have played with my current load order at this stage in the game enough to know that adding something like Hard Times will function without causing stability issues, but there will be glitches here and there because I already have certain things that it changes hard baked into my save. So no, I won't be adding it in this playthrough (besides, it's my first solid playthrough of the game and I want to get the main questline done already. I'll add some more mods that will increase play time for the next playthrough ;) )

I've been playing with HT and have no problems. I made the mistake of going animate dead route under conjuration and it made things too easy after getting a fire mage paired with a pet vampire in full ebony that would occasionally conjure a dragon priest. I didn't feel like doing console commands to undo my points. I wish there were a respec potion, but anyhow, I'm doing another play-through with some different mods and build.