Official Mod Organizer Support Forum

Uhuru

Question

This was announced on

Mod Organizer's Nexus Post Tab

a couple of days ago but we haven't got it on here yet and if it's not sunk in what I'm on about

This Forum is now the Official Mod Organizer Support Forum

Ever Since STEP made this we've seen how much better it is so Tannin gathered up all his main supporters and we came up with a battle plan derusted the Weapons and Armour (and were they rusty)

Two days ago we crossed the Border between Nexus and STEP and made a successful takeover raid the Mod Organizer Support Forum is now under Tannin's Control and his Trusted Men will be keeping this place "Mod Organized" from now on

I thought the whole of STEP could be ours if we just kept marching forward but Tannin's the Boss and he wants this section only, He's right of course Wrye Bash (the next province over) is in disorder and we don't want to deal with that problem.

Seriously though STEP has kindly invited Tannin and his Supporters on Nexus Forums to run this subforum for the benefit of all Mod Organizer Users

This does not mean abandoning Nexus. New Releases will be on Nexus no changes with that and after much discussion of alternatives the main advisors will post all advise here and once forum is properly organised (This setup being so new and STEP Teams priority is Core / Pack system so threads have just been moved here from all over old STEP forum) and the Wiki updated which has happening since September on a Sandbox version at the moment (DoubleYou is main man doing so but all help welcome) we will stop posting answers on Nexus completely but will post links to answers on here and Wiki and only stop if questions scease being asked on Nexus. Nudging Users to STEP rather than Force (Tannin won't let me use Torture Chamber we found in Basement so no Fun either).

Of course we al have real lives and are all at opposite ends of the Globe as well so things take time STEP has made Tannin a moderator and extended the offer too his main supporters on Nexus Forums we are still getting organized

Tannin's main responsibility is and always will be Mod Organizer Coding and his supporters will do most of the moderating of this Forum and keeping Wiki updated

We don't want STEP users to think we're displacing them some of us use STEP or Skyrim Revisited already and it's the knowledge about Modding available here as well as better facilities that make this move so agreeable

Also the new Packs will widen the Modlist on STEP and Mod Organizer is expected to become the main if not the only Mod Manager on STEP

Before the backlash to that last statement begins let me first say that is from z929669 STEP Admin himself and those who know him and how much of a Wrye Bash Supporter he is will know with how much regret he said that.

It's a very sad fact that Wrye Bash even with the very loyal and long standing support of many Morrowind, Obivion, Fallout and New Vegas Users has just not made progress with Skyrim and to my fresh eyes (I've only been modding 6 months)

the biggest mistake made was trying to remerge all the versions and make a Skyrim version at the same time. Wrye himself made them separate making it work with Skyrim first should have been the priority.

Once that was done mergiong could have been a goal but not both time has now shown that was a mistake but I'm not trying to Bash it or Wrye the Mod Maker (thats a Bashed Patch's Job) just saying it's supporters are pessimistic and understanably after so long without progress.

Enough of others we are here to support Tannin and Mod Organizer not worry what other managers are doing and when we are done neither will you !!!

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

We should definitely ask Cabal is we can make a AV pack for Book of Silence. That would be a decent one to start with since he has different flavors of almost all the armors' date=' dark and light for some and white fur or brown fur for others. It would be pretty cool to see a Thalmor patrol with gold elven and black elven armor march down the road.[/quote']

Oh gawd I can envision the headaches now. On a game with STEP plus AV and nothing else with this proposed mod.

Anon: Yeah I installed Automatic Variants and my game crashed.

Member: Which AV pack?

Anon: Oh yeah I added Cabal's AV package to the others

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks Aiyen for the reply :)

Hopefully somebody can provide me with some help with Mod Organizer. I have two questions regarding some of Mod Organizer's functionality:

1. Mod Categories:

When you right click on a mod in the right pane, one of the options allows the user to set a category for the mod. Is there any way that I can create my own custom categories, as I categorise my mods somewhat differently than the author does?

2. Mod Priority:

Now I know that setting mod priority in MO is done by loading the plugin with a higher priority after the mod with lower priority. However, I have a problem with a mod that doesn't have a plugin.

To explain: I have two texture replacer mods: Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized and aMidianBorn Book of Silence. Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized does not have a plugin and is taking priority, texture-wise, over aMidianBorn Book of Silence textures. I confirmed this by checking the conflicts of the mods. 

So, how do I tell MO to use the textures from aMidianBorn Book of Silence rather than Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized textures?

Apologies for the length of the post, and thanks in advance for your help!

@humbey. Can you please create two separate posts (if needed) for your questions in the Mod Organizer support forum. This particular thread is not the best place.

It would be appreciated if you could do a bit of  RTFM (F is fine) and a search first. Here and/or in the Nexus MO forum. A very large percentage of questions have been asked and answered before including your own two. As this forum is relative young and most knowledge (posts) is still in the Nexus MO forum if you can't find the answers here feel free to create posts for it so that the knowledge base here grows. Other MO users including myself will be happy to help you further. I know both questions have been answered before in the Nexus MO forum, just not sure if in this forum. Gonna do a bit of searching here to.

Edit: GSDFAn has created an article about Categories which you can find here.

@humbey. Can you please create two separate posts (if needed) for your questions in the Mod Organizer support forum. This particular thread is not the best place.

It would be appreciated if you could do a bit of  RTFM (F is fine) and a search first. Here and/or in the Nexus MO forum. A very large percentage of questions have been asked and answered before including your own two. As this forum is relative young and most knowledge (posts) is still in the Nexus MO forum if you can't find the answers here feel free to create posts for it so that the knowledge base here grows. Other MO users including myself will be happy to help you further. I know both questions have been answered before in the Nexus MO forum, just not sure if in this forum. Gonna do a bit of searching here to.

Edit: GSDFAn has created an article about Categories which you can find here.

Hello Wolverine2710,

First, I was led to believe by Aiyen (Post#14) that this was a good place to get replies for my questions.

Also Yes Humbye this would be a good place to ask about such! Then the fine gentlemen who knows all the mojo about MO hopefully answer!

Second, I did read the Documentation Wiki (RTFM) but the tutorials fail to start up every time I try to see them. Here's the log:

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\installerFomod.dll"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\installerManual.dll"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\installerNCC.dll"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\installerQuick.dll"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\NMMImport.dll"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\installerBCF.py"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\pyCfg.py"

loaded plugin "E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\plugins\proxyPython.dll"

downloads after refresh: 0

localization organizer_en-US not found

localization qt_en-US not found

configured profile: Default

activate profile "Default"

displaying main window

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved

file:///E:/Games/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim/Mod Organizer/tutorials/tutorials_mainwindow.qml: File name case mismatch

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default\initweaks.ini saved

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default\plugins.txt saved

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default\loadorder.txt saved

E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Mod Organizer\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved

Third, thanks for the link.

EDIT: Read the link, did some tinkering around. Figured it out. Thanks.

Aiyen Wrote:  Sorry if I made a mistake there! Did not know the nature of the questions, but thought this was a perfectly reasonable place to ask! :)  My bad it seems!

Hello Aiyen,Not your fault. Sorry for the inconvenience. Figured out what I needed.

Thanks again :)

@humbye. Good to hear that you have figured it all out, including your priority issue. I think other ppl would be very interested in hearing how you solved it. If you would like to share this information with the rest might I suggest creating a new post/thread for it. I think an [info] tag would be appropriate for this.

I accidently edited your post instead of creating a new reply. That new moderator functionality is scary. Lesson learned: be carerful, be very careful :( I could restore your text though. Sorry for that.

@Aiyen you didn't give wrong advice it was only once wolverine2710 saw content of question that correct place could be pointed out I was about to make a reply that said same as wolverine2710 when he did it

For future reference of any reading correct procedure is

If topic already exists post in it, even old topics will move to top of list with new post

Otherwise a new topic should be made

Tannin won't let me use Torture Chambers in STEP Dungeons so you will not be punished for making a mistake

and I so wanted to try them thumbscrews out !

A bit off topic but needs to be said....kinky O_o

back on topic!

No problem at all! Like I somewhat told Wolf (I take it the acronym is in order :P ) already in pm that it seems ya got plans for this part of our little corner of h... umm the STEP forums, and I am going to respect that.... Okay I am going to try! :)

All input from STEP Mods welcome, we all have ideas but are all open to other opinions.

If they're good source don't matter.

Technically Wolf is a contraction, not a Acronym so I can let that slide watch out for his claws though if you get too close his full Acronym is

TBBW

I'll leave that one undefined for you too figure out.

@humbye. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the rest of the MO community. This is very much appreciated.

If you still have problems getting the tutorials to work, please create a ticket in the issue tracker for it. A few users before you had the same problem. Perhaps Tannin can use the additional information to fix your/the tutorial problem.

@Wolverine:

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one with tutorial problems.

Created an [info] thread with the title "Setting the mod priority you want".

Hope it helps.

EDIT: I would greatly appreciate it if the moderators/MO support people would check the post to ensure that the information within is correct. That's how I solved my problem, but it could very well be that I'm wrong on something.

@humbye. Great post. Going to reread it again. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us and of course for the effort. I know how time consuming those posts can be..  Somehow I think that in one form or another this will end up in the MO wiki. I have a few comments about the post and some additional information which I will post in the created [info] thread.

@Wolverine:

My pleasure :D You were kind enough to help me out, so I thought I should return the favour. Or at least, pay it forward. 

About the edit: yeah you're right. I was reading some other thread (can't remember which one) and found a mention of the refresh button, which induced me to make the edit.