Ok so I have my Frame Rate to an acceptable level same with graphics but

Dweedle

Question

So im running at 55 frames with draw distances reduced and with 1k textures.  What was killing my performance before was the draw distances so with those on lower settings in happy and my game still looks good for me.

But i'm having this weird micro stutter issue and its annoying.  I only really notice it outdoors.  Does anyone know what I mean? and possibly know a fix?  Thanks.

10 answers to this question

So im running at 55 frames with draw distances reduced and with 1k textures. What was killing my performance before was the draw distances so with those on lower settings in happy and my game still looks good for me.

But i'm having this weird micro stutter issue and its annoying. I only really notice it outdoors. Does anyone know what I mean? and possibly know a fix? Thanks.

Micro stutter is annoying, and not easy to solve as no one really knows what is causing it.

You haven't given your system spec yet.

A few things seem to help:

- Running ENBoost

- Disabling mouse acceleration in your ini.

- Disabling CPU core parking.

- An SSD hard drive.

- Do not run SLI or Crossfire (makes it worse)

- Enable Vsync.

There might be more solutions, but this is all I know. I don't experience micro stutters anymore, however, I have not tested if any of the above has actually solved it. The list is purely annecdotal.

Good luck

So im running at 55 frames with draw distances reduced and with 1k textures. What was killing my performance before was the draw distances so with those on lower settings in happy and my game still looks good for me.

But i'm having this weird micro stutter issue and its annoying. I only really notice it outdoors. Does anyone know what I mean? and possibly know a fix? Thanks.

Micro stutter is annoying, and not easy to solve as no one really knows what is causing it.

You haven't given your system spec yet.

A few things seem to help:

- Running ENBoost

- Disabling mouse acceleration in your ini.

- Disabling CPU core parking.

- An SSD hard drive.

- Do not run SLI or Crossfire (makes it worse)

- Enable Vsync.

There might be more solutions, but this is all I know. I don't experience micro stutters anymore, however, I have not tested if any of the above has actually solved it. The list is purely annecdotal.

Good luck

my bad;  My Computer is an Alienware X14 Laptop with 2.6GHZ Intel i5, 1GB Nvidia GT 650M and 8GB of Ram with 451GB HD (200GB free).

So far i've tried CPU core parking disable, enable vsync and have done the mouse acceleration.  I dont know what SLI or Crossfire is :(  and i have tried enboost in the past and i barely got 10 frames.  Im unable to upgrade parts due to budget.

I am wondering though, should I do a defrag?  i have not done one before.

ENBoost does not affect framerates to a noticeable degree... if it does then it is because you had the graphical parts of it enabled as well.

But the micro stutter is normally due to either mouse settings, or memory swapping.

SLI and Crossfire is the name for when you have multiple cards that work in unison to render the image on the screen.

I would recommend that you try ENBoost again but make sure that

UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true

applies or it will enable the graphical parts which kill your frame rates.

For your setup then the following should work. Assuming that you have a 64bit Windows installed. Otherwise then that would be the cause.

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true

ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true

DisableDriverMemoryManager=false

DisablePreloadToVRAM=false

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false

ReservedMemorySizeMb=512

VideoMemorySizeMb=1024

EnableCompression=true

Just try to replace the above with the setting you have in enblocal.ini. The values might need further tweaking but that should be the starting point.

EnableCompression for 1 GB of VRAM is not recommended. I'd bet that he is already near the VRAM limit and that setting will increase VRAM usage and could cause crashes.

Also, try capping FPS at 45 and see if it can reduce strain on the system while playing and smooth out framerate in areas where it might drop.

EssArrBee.... only up to the above limit of 1024 which is what he has. It cannot go higher then that regardless. Also he said he was playing with 1k textures only... as I recall... hence he should not even be stressing the card while doing that.

As I recall then heavy outdoor area with only 1k both diffuse and normal is about 700-850Mb tops on average... If normals are put down further then well half that amount give or take.

But like I said it was only a starting point... tweaking is required to make it work for your own system. Some people find it works better for them, some do not.

Dweedle, as far as I'm concerned, Microstutter is something that happens with all Fallout and TES games, even with vanilla. I've played Fallout and Skyrim on both Nvidia and AMD and I've always had some degree of Microstutter. One thing that might help is different combinations of Vsync (Drivers and/or ENB). For example, if I force vsync on in my drivers and enb, I get TERRIBLE microstutter, but it gets a ton better when I only force it from ENB. Just try different vsync options until it gets better.

Yes well I think the nexus will do that to you when you try to support your work for long enough, even more so when it is remotely technical, and people have too high expectations to their own hardware.

But feel free to come back and ask and we will see what we can do.

Hey guys you can mark this as solved if you like.  I've decided I'm simply going to play a lightly modded vanilla game with some essential step gameplay mods (no texture mods etc, Skyre being the main overhaul).

I think I was just running too much mods because vanilla runs fine.

Thanks for the help :)