Unique Grasses - Nature and Landscape Enhancement (by Josh Ezzell)

johnnyboy88

I am using the regular-no roads version. I am not "actively" using any of mindflux optionals...yet! I would like to further test them before they make it permanently into my mod list.

Well, I believe he included them as alternative choices. It is a matter of personal preference after all.

Which resolution are you running? 2k tanked my fps. I have an R9 290 4gb GPU so I didn't expect that much of an impact. 

Well thanks. I appreciate it. Yea, I figured I could run 2k since I run every other mod in like 2k and 4k and realized my FPS was like halved. Maybe that's because grass textures move with the wind and are tied to the CPU for physics? I have absolutely no idea. Just made that up. 

I'm using Medium textures at Defaul density, looks and performs great. @ DoYouEvenModBro: are your skyrim.ini settings correct for the mod? I'm running a 2k int/ext setup with way too many mods (255 esp files) and performance is approx 32 fps with Serenity ENB running (as well as a mem patch 3.0 skse 1.6.16 loader).

New question, has anyone encountered issues with ENB due to lighting or shader ini settings from this mod? I recently encountered the loss of half my screen (the "brown haze") with Serenity ENB, disabling "mist" in enbseries quick fixes but I'm trying to find a better solution. I saw a reference to on the ENB forums floatpointrender=1 mistakenly added to skyrim.ini (instead of skyrimprefs.ini) causing the issue, wasn't sure if bDrawShaderGrass=1 or bGrassPointLighting=1 could do same?

In closing, love the Unique Grasses mod, absolutely beautiful work. Any issue I'm having I definitely caused through compulsive over-modding.

Edited by redirishlord

2K for small items seems excessive to me, unless you are going to be examining them up close. For example, Cabal only uses 1K for most helmets, gloves and boots, to use four time this for grass seems overkill. (Remember that 2K uses 4 times the memory as 1K.)

I'm certainly not up on all the details, but it struck me that you grass ini settings were very high. How do these compare to default?

@ statmonster: if your last was directed my way, I'm saying I use "2k" texture packs which contain a variety of resolutions, for instance I use Cabal's Book of Silence. In this case I'm using the medium or middle choice of the three options offered by the mod author.

As far as my grass ini settings, they are copied directly from Unique Grasses description page as directed by Josh Ezzell in the description.

@ statmonster: if your last was directed my way, I'm saying I use "2k" texture packs which contain a variety of resolutions, for instance I use Cabal's Book of Silence. In this case I'm using the medium or middle choice of the three options offered by the mod author.

As far as my grass ini settings, they are copied directly from Unique Grasses description page as directed by Josh Ezzell in the description.

But you are using the 1k version with regular density?

I am using, as stated in each of my previous posts, the medium texture option of Unique Grasses. I am using the default density.

Of course, my results may not be your results. My system specs (also in my profile but pasted here also)

CPU i7 4770k @ 3.5GHzRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB DDR3 1866)GPU NVidia GTX 670 2GB120 GB SDD (Windows 8.1 64bit OS)1TB 7200 RPM HDD (Skyrim)

I am using a variety of 2k textures for both exteriors (serious HD, Skyrim HD, Vivid) and equipment (Book of Silence) and a patched SKSE 1.6.16 loader for sheson's memory patch 3.0 and topping it all off with Serentiy ENB v10 full option with memory size set to 10240 and fps limited to 48fps with performance set active if <24fps in enblocal. So we probably aren't on an equal foundation with so many variables in play.

I am managing approx 32fps at last check (from Riverwood to Riften in and out of combat) for what that's worth. My current issue is the sudden appearance of the "brown haze" issue that is linked to the enb mist effect, I'm not sure what I changed to cause that. Disabling mist in enbseries "quick fixes" the issue, but I'm looking for a solution, or at least an understanding.

Getting back to your performance with Unique Grasses, you might ask Josh Ezzell if increasing the value for iMinGrassSize=?? will give you a performance increase without degrading the look of the mod, additionally you might ask if the 1k or sparser density options provide good "bang for the buck" inregards to trading graphic quality for performance.

Best of luck.