Which ENB are you using and why?

Not so much about him having abandoned it, more that most of the new features would make it rather impossible to maintain the balance he already has. So any update would most likely just be an entirely new preset, since the look would be so different.

Also a small note about interior looks... this almost exclusively depend on which image space mod you are using! Many people think that ENB have direct influence in this regard but it does not! You can alter some general colors n stuff, but at the end it depends on which mod and especially on which image spaces, since these decide the base saturation, contrast, brightness values etc. They also determine the tint color... Stuff like darker dungeons just apply a really dark image space everywhere.. which is a "quick n dirty" solution to the issue of getting dark locations everywhere, and you will not have every interior look nearly as good as it can.

Another thing is that the vanilla image spaces are so diverse that making a good ENB for them all is almost impossible... it is the same with CoT... the base version of the mod is not made for ENB, and there are so many bugs and issues in general that you can make a few weathers look nice but not all. Even in project ENB this is very apparent for some weathers.. but it does have a nice middle ground.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I already stated in the ENB suggestions I'm using Opethfeldt 7 beta 3. What's really great about Opethfeldt's are the weathers. The ENB has an overall natural look while still preserving the fantasy feel. The weathers are really believable e.g. far away objects are slightly blurred on rainy days, visibility is really bad in snowy weathers etc.

On the downside I personally think the nights and interiors are slightly too dark, it produces some odd visuals with some magic effects and it pronounces the Skylighting bug. And the weather settings do not consider the cloudshadow feature of ENB yet since that's fairly new. But the current version is still in beta.

Gopher made a video about it that sums up it's strengths really well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was using RealVision (performance) latest version but I wasn't satisfied with the overall lighting so I shifted to Somber ENB which - after much tweaking - managed to get over 45 fps. I was getting CTDs so I completely removed everything and will try setting up again to post some pictures.

I used ELFX/CoT for lighting (even though Somber doesn't support CoT, it worked nice I guess) and 2.46 ENB. I tweaked the newest features for it from other presets except the very new procedural sun which made the sun REALLY bright . As you can see in one pic VRAM was at 2,3GB and RAM under 1GB. I've no clue why I got CTDs but SiC is probably the culprit along with Wet & Cold. I will set it up again.

:P

Some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice pics, especially the 3rd one! Except for the first one.. but that is classic ELFX super yellow! Hard to get rid of that unless you use ELE in conjunction with enbeffect.fx edits.

The new sun is going to require some amount of work to get working properly... since it works in an entirely different way. I just finished updating my ENB to support it... and man it took some tweaking and recodeing! However for more muted presets like sombre it should be a bit easier since saturation does play a rather large role.

As for the CTD´s... well I also get the odd CTD when killing a SiC monster, etc. It is acceptable for what I have installed atm.

Nice, maybe I will try your ENB sometime!

Here's something weird I discovered with the new installation of mods I did /w Somber ENB. The game looks amazingly well and runs pretty fast with all textures at 1k. However when I enter the Helgen dungeon in the intro, everything goes smooth and well until I descend to the torture chamber. There the lights just seem to go out to almost complete darkness and they return to normal as soon as I go back up a level. I'm pretty sure it's something with the ENB as I disabled ELFX (note I don't use the interior enhancer) and the same thing happened. I also use the Blackout mod too as suggested in Somber page, and my load order is quite similar to Garfink's.

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...