OneTweak (by virusek)

Aeradom

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else having issues with the latest version and ENB? I can't get enb working with the latest version. Removing One Tweak or rolling back to an earlier version works fine.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Try changing the line BWMode = 1 to BWMode = 2 in the OneTweak.ini file.

• 8 months later...

I like the idea of this SKSE plugin, but it does not work well with our HD display. - The problem (and, yes, I have checked to make absolutely certain that it is the One Tweak plugin causing this) is that of in-game display distortion, which manifests itself in the form of "edginess" and a small amount of white speckling around the text and graphics; it is nothing major, but it is noticeable and definitely detracts from the usual smooth texts and graphics. Interestingly, too, the problem does not seem to have been present with the earlier incarnation of BW_plugin ...which I would use if it were not for it freezing and crashing the game (written for an older version of SKSE, possibly - ?). Also, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering do not fix this problem. Outside of that, thanks for trying to kill this infuriating display issue.

Edited by Erotica

• 7 months later...

The author is still actively working on this mod and released a new beta version last month, so it might be worth looking at again. It includes several fixes used in Skyrim, and is supposed to work with at least 2 TES and 2 Fallout games. Hellanios mentioned using it for Fallout 3. 

More sophisticated options for borderless window (in all fairness thats almost irrelevant), showracemenu precache killer (irrelevant too in STEP because RM has it) but it has an option to change TESV process priority on the fly (one setting for background, one setting for foreground). I remember I once got 3 fps more with OneTweak and that option on than with just using ENB for borderless window, but of course that was not in very serious test conditions etc. Up to you to decide if it's worth testing/including obviously.

Borderless Window should be done in ENBoost. Showracemenu precache killer isn't needed with the Sheson memory patch. Double Cursor Fix is redundant with ENBoost. Changing TESV process priority should be done by adding -priority argument to SKSE. Basically, unless this mod does borderless window better somehow, it is unnecessary with the STEP setup.

Borderless Window should be done in ENBoost. Showracemenu precache killer isn't needed with the Sheson memory patch. Double Cursor Fix is redundant with ENBoost. Changing TESV process priority should be done by adding -priority <level> argument to SKSE. Basically, unless this mod does borderless window better somehow, it is unnecessary with the STEP setup.

I reckon that is the most definitive, and compelling, argument against OneTweak I've seen. I've been using it for all my games but after this I must concede it just isn't needed.

Thank you. 

Nevertheless, despite my blunt analysis, there are a few advantages that this specialized solution offers, besides the fact that I highly admire virusek's modding abilities. It appears to have multi-monitor support and "stretching from lower internal resolution to window size," so in some situations, people may find it advantageous. Just I don't see that as necessary for the basic STEP setup and more of a preference, like the skyrim.exe mod.

Well until I can get a new system with multiple monitors, I'm still on my trusty Toshiba, for me at least your argument stands.

While we're on that, how many, if any, use multi-monitor setups? Having noted a few posts on the SkyUI page about issues getting that to work properly, I'm guessing not many.

While we're on that, how many, if any, use multi-monitor setups? Having noted a few posts on the SkyUI page about issues getting that to work properly, I'm guessing not many.

I use a multi-monitor setup extensively for a lot of reasons, but (more appropriate to the topic at hand) I have never seriously considered attempting to use Skyrim on multiple monitors. It's definitely doable, but I don't see any advantage to doing so.

Skyrim on three monitors

Thanks. Yeah I thought as much, perhaps a really good wide screen is what is preferred?

Going by that YouTube video I can see why there is so much chatter in the SkyUI mod page about menus being screwed, even the vanilla ones are all crapped out.

One day I'll have a dedicated gaming system that leverages all this knowledge, until then, I am content with what I have. Well content may not be the correct word, resigned to it may be better.