Something is causing ENB to create a terrible sunray effect

DoYouEvenModBro

Question

This only happens with Skyrealism ENB (cinematic preset) activated, however the Skyrealism author said that this effect should not happen. It goes away when I shift + f12 to turn ENB off so it's definitely only visible when ENB is active. 

Could this be a conflict with ENB and ELFX? 

His mod says it's fully compatible with CoT so it shouldn't be an ENB + CoT problem ALTHOUGH I did replace CoT's sun ray with Skyrim Sunglare V4 so maybe it's ENB + SS v4 that's the problem?

Any ideas?

Examples:

https://i.imgur.com/QHsSlbf.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/kdtic#3

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes' date=' all other settings are default. I also use cinematic without the black bars. :)[/quote']

I like SkyRealism because it barely changes the colors and adds in all the great subtle effects of ENB (sun rays' date=' better shadows, a little darker, nicer sky, DoF, SSAO, etc.). It also works really nicely with CoT and ELFX or RLO. Other ENBs overhaul the colors too much and I don't know if they will play nice with other lighting mods. Project ENB was a great one though I remember. Really nice bright colors. [/quote']

Agree with you totally, tried others but have always gone back to Skyrealism. It's the best for sure! 

The only thing i couldn't stand (a little offtopic) was that with the new ENBseries versions you had to disable hardware AA. And no supersampling for me meant an unplayable game. I know Boris has implemented some kind off Supersampling, but that was way too performance demanding.

So my solution was to disable some effects in enbseries.ini to be able to continue having 2xsupersampling in nvidia inspector.

I had to disable these settings:

EnableAmbientOcclusion=false

EnableImageBasedLighting=false

EnableReflection=false

EnableParticleLights=false

I enabled Ambient Occlusion in nvidia inspector, but the tree other effects i'll have to live without i guess.

Yea, you have to disable those effects, otherwise you can't use Hardware AA because it won't let you, right? I'm using SMAA_ULTRA preset with the subpixel AA enabled in enblocal.ini. It looks fine in-game but in screenshots you can definitely see the jaggies. I was going to try the new ENB software Transparency AA but haven't had time to play with it yet. 

Update: You don't need to disable any affects if using hardware AA. Just disable DefferedRendering in enblocal.ini so it looks like this: UseDefferedRendering=false

So now i can go back to ENB's AO, which is very nice! :)

Edit: I was too fast, UseDefferedRendering=false disabled just the same effects we talked about earlier. So i guess you could use both ways.