Borderless Window and now CTD

hotelmariofan

Question

Well, I followed through with the S.T.E.P. guide a while back and finally just now decided to begin using Borderless Window hoping that maybe it would fix my alt+tab CTD issue. I installed it correctly, which is just changing my settings to windowed and to my resolution, and then throwing a .dll file into my SKSE > plugins dir. Well, upon first startup, the game, instant CTD - what fun. So I think, OH! Just remove the .dll and change my settings back, what a simple fix! What a stupid thing to think. I did just that, and what do you know, now my game CTD every single time I start the game. It gets to the main menu and then boom, gone. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced.

5 answers to this question

If the game CTD during initial load up, its usually (almost always actually) a load-order issue, where a mod(s) is missing its master(s). I would check in Wyre Bash to see if you have any boxes that has a red "tick" box, you can also check by running TesVedit and read the error message.

I don't use Borderless Windows any more, I just use the setting in the current installment of ENBSeries, which include the same function. Using both I read somewhere MAY cause issues.

If the game CTD during initial load up, its usually (almost always actually) a load-order issue, where a mod(s) is missing its master(s). I would check in Wyre Bash to see if you have any boxes that has a red "tick" box, you can also check by running TesVedit and read the error message.

I don't use Borderless Windows any more, I just use the setting in the current installment of ENBSeries, which include the same function. Using both I read somewhere MAY cause issues.

Hm, well the weird thing is, I undid everything, or so I thought. I mean, I deleted the Dll and i set skyrim back to full screen mode. I never had an issue until I first booted up with BW, now I can't play my game. Clearly it changed something that I'm not aware of. I just don't know what it could be...

Reinstall Borderless Windows's single dll and see if that helps if not then it must be a load order problem and I suggest you follow my instructions. I can't imagine that dll changed anything enough to prevent you to load Skyrim to the initial menu.

Well that was weird, I did as you said and checked Wrye Bash, even though I had just finished checking it minutes before installing BW. Now all of the sudden some of the mods that I had disabled, due to me not having certain expansions, were once again enabled without me ever even touching them. Either way, I disabled them, again, and now all is well. BW even works; thanks for your help Garfink, I appreciate it. I probably would have sat here in frustration for who knows how long.