Enhanced Distant Terrain 2 - Trudgement Day (by SparrowPrince)

torminater

Could someone explain the difference between EDT and EDT2 please? (and change my user title to Confused)

There was a long and extensive comparison of LOD mods. There were a few who preferred HD Detailed Terrain at that time, but the consensus when the comparisons were done that the EDT and EDT 2 were better. You can search for the thread and posts if you want to see them. It will be a while before another extensive comparison for selecting which LOD mods to include in STEP is made since it's so time consuming, in part because there is never complete agreement on LOD texture choices. Of course, new versions of mods come out often making any current choices more difficult since there are always some users who prefer the new textures.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's in my all in one "The Ruffled Feather". There is a topic here under the Landscape section.

Edited by Guest

So are we new STEPpers then to install the new mod, or...?  Perhaps the guide could be updated so that we noobs can have a clue without hunting for it.  I'm not a very good hunter.

[edit]

sorry, i found the discussion in the aforementioned topic.  I'll shut up now...

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • +1 2