SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills (SjoertJansen)

torminater

If your unhappy with water flows and transitions I recommend you check out Realistic Water Two.

I'm already on that! I've downloaded the three mods to compares and will do a video for everyone to see. It'll take me about a week (maybe longer) seeing I'm doing it in my free time between work and other day-to-day activities. I'm also have to do my admin duties here as well...so it's coming. Eventually. It's hard to do these long compares when the mods are being updated as well.

If your unhappy with water flows and transitions I recommend you check out Realistic Water Two.

It is in this mod that I first noted it - perhaps it has been updated or I have not installed it correctly - if it is working for you then that must be the case. Next time you get a chance stand at the end of the lake near Riverwood just where it becomes a river leading to the first waterfall - if you have flow to that first waterfall then I will need to fix that.

:)

It is in this mod that I first noted it - perhaps it has been updated or I have not installed it correctly - if it is working for you then that must be the case. Next time you get a chance stand at the end of the lake near Riverwood just where it becomes a river leading to the first waterfall - if you have flow to that first waterfall then I will need to fix that.

OK have downloaded and installed the latest version of RW2 and the problem appears to no longer be there in that there is an animated texture running over the top of the lake water texture to give the appearance of moving quickly towards the waterfall. Tis good enough for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am back, and have been working hard this weekend to fix the Realistic water 2 splashes not showing up. I have literally duplicated all individual waterfalls (1 Close version with all splashes loaded, and 1 distant version with all particle nodes removed). It was after I done that that I figured out it causes Z-fighting and flickering in game. To solve this I shrunk all distant waterfalls to ~95% of the original size. This removes Z-fighting and flicker, however, it also causes some ugly seems/lines in some waterfalls. Depending on original size, position and waterfall type. further shrinking them makes them to small to properly fit in many cases, and also causes noticeable pop-in. If I move/manually adjust them (which would take ages to do for each waterfall and test in game), the LOD files come through the animated waterfalls. Although I do plan to remove the Waterfall LOD, when Grieche shows himself, I still prefer not to spend so much time on it. Especially as my wife is already angry with me for spending to much time on this.

Does any of you guys no a way that I can render the distant waterfalls only outside of the current uGrids? The stupid thing is, I know it can be done, as one of my failed merges, rendered the windmills missing when I was closeby, but showed up in the distance, although I know this is a bug, it would be cool if I could use it for this setup.

Hope you guys can give some advise. I will try some other options, but it will take quite a while before the next update.

Thanks,

I will continue to provide support for as long as is needed. Hopefully at some point, all issues are ironed out.

Does someone here have experience with Autodesk? Whenever I change the waterfall meshes in Autodesk, the animation is gone. There is clearly something I do wrong here. I do not have much experience with Autodesk. I only tried to make rowable rowboats including animations once. But I got stuck on that, fighting with the skyrim engine.

I did change the meshes in nifskope without issues, looks good ingame. However, whenever more than 1 waterfall is used, and the waterfalls overlap, I still get seems and lines in them. Perhaps it is something I just have to live with for now.

I have to resize all waterfalls back to normal now, as I was so stupid not to make backups. I expect the new version to be finished end of next week.

• 3 months later...

Big Update:

Version 3.0Beta:

Complete redo of the mod.

Improved performance by placing 2 waterfalls for every ingame waterfall, 1 for distant and 1 for close-by.

Parallax patch now caries forward changes from the USKP

Now the problem with the waterfall splashes of realistic water 2 not showing up is solved, no need for iMaxDesired tweak, please set to 650-900 (refer to readme)

Now people running old saves on which the original Realistic Water Textures (RWT) was installed before it became W.A.T.E.R., should have no more floating waterfalls.

FOMOD created for mod

When using the FOMOD a max of 2 ESP files per installation

Wyrmstooth support added

Enhanced Lights and FX mesh included in main file.

SkyMills and SkyFalls have been be merged, to reduce number of esps.

Now includes optional new LOD files for all worlds, to remove clipping. The SKyrim Distance Overhaul by Grieche will get a patch in the future, not finished yet.

The mod has been renamed, BOSS will recognise at some point, for the time being, please refer to the readme.

Now back to loose files, less hassle and problems for me!

Can I just uninstall 2.0 and install 3.0? It's safe?

Also, do we want the FOMOD file?

Yes it should be safe, just read the readme about updating. create a clean interior save.

What is wrong with a FOMOD? You can if you want install everything manual, it is just more time-consuming.

Best,

Can I just uninstall 2.0 and install 3.0? It's safe?

Also, do we want the FOMOD file?

Yes it should be safe, just read the readme about updating. create a clean interior save.

What is wrong with a FOMOD? You can if you want install everything manual, it is just more time-consuming.

Best,

Sounds good. I didn't mean that the FOMOD is bad. I meant to ask the question such as "which file do we need? the FOMOD one?" I can see now that the FOMOD contains all the optionals so yes, the FOMOD is the best. I should have looked at that before asking the question. Thanks for finally updating this Salvador. I know you've been busy with a lot of things. We all appreciate it.