Extensible Follower Framework (by Expired)

zodden

I encountered a CTD issue with this mod (latest beta) and Requiem, and was wondering if anyone who uses both could confirm it.

The CTD is with Savior's Hide and having it equipped on a follower or yourself while trying to access the magic trade menu via the wheel. If I have it equipped on myself or give it to any follower and they equip it the game will instantly CTD when accessing that menu. I'm assuming it has something to do with either the passives Requiem adds to that armor being bugged, or maybe the EFF beta itself is having difficulty dealing with the passives added, since I noticed that magic trade menu will show the passives on your follower in the effects section.

I posted this on both the EFF and Requiem comments section on the nexus but never got a reply, so I'm hoping someone here can help me confirm this.

Confirmed, it crashed just as you said.

Nothing much yet. Ogerboss just said

I think you should report this bug to the EFF developer(s), not to me. Since the bug you describe with a single item only, it will be much easier for them to analzye the object in question than for me to read all their sourcecode (assuming it's open source).

And expired said:

That's a really odd bug... When you crash, check SKSE.log, you may see an error just before related to invalid parameter, or something along those lines, and it'll give you a file and line number maybe. Menu related crashes such as this happen when SKSE functions are passed invalid Scaleform parameters, which is fixable.

When I looked at the log I didn't see anything related to that, so I told him and he said:

Hmm, that's odd... Must be a different kind of crash. The magic menu reads effects of both the player and the actor so it's definitely from the effects the armor adds, but why it would crash is a mystery, I thought it would just be accessing an effect that no longer existed.

So no progress right now. Since there is no error when it crashes I'm not sure what either one can do. I might have to start a new game and just test EFF without Requiem, add the armor to my inventory, and see if it still crashes.

• +1 1

Alright, tested it just now. EFF, SkyUI, and Alternate Start to get going quickly. I don't use Alternate Start in my normal play through, so I know it's not the issue.

Skyrim will still CTD when accessing the magic trade menu on the wheel of the EFF beta. So it's an issue with EFF, unrelated to Requiem.

• 1 month later...

First off - Great mod!  I really love the control and customization it offers for my followers, and the radial menu system is slick and responsive.  Thanks Expired!

Now, to my questions:  

• How do the different "archetypes" you can assign to your followers work?  What's the difference between warrior and berzerker? How does a mage "act" (aka - only spells, or just prefer spells and will use a weapon in close quarters)? Any sort of expounding on the assignable AI system would be extremely helpful.

• If I load up a follower with spells and no weapons, will they gain skill points in the magic schools, or will their "level-ups" only be in their main skills as defined by their NPC class?   Since Beta v6 restricts the spells you can teach a follower based on their skill level, how can I level up the different skills that aren't considered their main skills? For example, if they specialize in Destruction, can I force a follower to gain skill-ups in Restoration/Conjuration/etc?

• Is there any way to set up a follower as a "spellsword"?  Teldryn from Solstheim (mercenary in the Retching Netch) has an awesome combat AI where he freely alternates between magic use, melee, and even archery...is there any way to apply that AI to a follower via EFF? If not, is there a plan for a future addition of a spellsword archetype?

Thanks!

1. Not sure but I think it determines which AI package they use. These are modified by some combat mods. I really wish I knew the actual effect! Anyone know?

2. I don't think so. This is driven by their "class" which is defined FOR NPCs in the ESP.

3. Not sure. I would suggest poking around I the Dragonborn ESM and looking at Teldryn's AI and seeing if you could copy it over into the NPC you are interested in.

1. Not sure but I think it determines which AI package they use. These are modified by some combat mods. I really wish I knew the actual effect! Anyone know?

2. I don't think so. This is driven by their "class" which is defined FOR NPCs in the ESP.

3. Not sure. I would suggest poking around I the Dragonborn ESM and looking at Teldryn's AI and seeing if you could copy it over into the NPC you are interested in.

Did a bit of testing today - as for #3, it seems that if I leave my follower in "default" mode, she will use all of the offensive and defensive options available to her.  

• When she was at ranged distance, she would buff herself with skin spells and use wards for defense, and then would use her bolt spells and summon minions for her offense.  Then, once she was out of magicka, she would switch over to her crossbow and rain death with that.
  • When she was in melee range, she would draw her sword and use close-range offensive spells or wards as her off-hand.

So essentially, she works exactly as I wanted her to.  Perfect!

However, she will NOT gain any skill levels in anything outside of her main skills, which is sad (as of yet, at least - I need to gain a level and then see if her skills update differently with a level gain).  I want her to up her Restoration and Conjuration so I can give her better spells (like Heal Other and Conjure Atronach), but it doesn't look like I'll be able to do so.

I think AFT seems to have a system in place that will allow followers to level up skills as they use them in the same way as the player does, but I don't know enough about modding to understand exactly how difficult it would be to try to transfer that system over to EFF

Edited by tregolani

• 3 weeks later...

When using EFF, is there a way to make followers level alongside you and/or options to make followers heal the player/other followers?

I'm thinking of starting a new playthrough with EFF. Prior to this however, I always have been using AFT. Are there any other noticable differences?

Edited by Sacralletius

• 1 month later...

Here is a quote from expired in the 2nd page of the comment thread:Basically Interesting NPCs uses it's own follower system and is therefore by default not going to work with follower mods in general. As he states he has a patch that may be viable for BETA 6.

I beg the differ, works 100% fine with Simple Multiple Followers.  I have 2 iNPC and 1 Arissa and 1 Vilja following me around with no problems.  I even had Mirai tagging along for awhile!  (unfortunately SMF doesn't have all those fancy follower do this/do that commands and use this spell and level up this way options.)

Edited by Garfink

• 1 month later...

Hi. I'm having an issue.When I look at the Stat menu, all is an invetory looking screen that looks right according to SS I've seen. However, there ar eno values, nothing in the columns. OCMpletely empty. Ic an't seem to figure it out :(