CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

Your kidding? Oh well clearly Boris is on a mission.

:)

Edit: Actually he says on the download page and the read me that this is very much a work in progress and he hasn't managed to do too much for the performance as yet so probably not ready for proper testing.

I think I am using this incorrectly. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong? Here is what I'm doing:

1.) I am downloading the wrapper version of d3d9.dll 0.197.

2.) Download skyrealism ENB and extract it to my Skyrim Folder

3.) Set up SMAA

4.) Download the boost enblocal.ini and put it in my skyrim folder.

My question:

Do I need to add the values from enblocal.ini to enbseries.ini? Or do I just have both of them separate?

ENb has already had another update to v0.198 with better AMB support and improved memory reduction. PNENB has already updated if anyone wants to try it out.

Yep yep! The author has been really keeping up to date lately and I'm loving it. That dude has put in so much work on his profiles, shaders, and plugins.. and I always wish he had more than a few hundred endorsements.

Oh well... what can ya do..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

ENb has already had another update to v0.198 with better AMB support and improved memory reduction. PNENB has already updated if anyone wants to try it out.

Amazing. I am going to try this out when I get home but from what I've seen, it looks like many users (including AMD) are reporting positive effects. 

Amazing. I am going to try this out when I get home but from what I've seen, it looks like many users (including AMD) are reporting positive effects. 
On the ENB forums I saw that Phinix has a brand new GTX780, so he's probably having fun tweaking his profile with that new hardware, which is why it's so up to date.

Anyways, there is something people should know if you still have a bit of stuttering, especially with AMD cards, you should read this:

From the ENB author: "Added parameter DisableDriverMemoryManager which on some systems reduce stuttering when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set." According to most people on the forums this was primarily for compatibility with AMD cards. However, if you experience stuttering excessively with the latest version with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true you might test setting this to true to see if it improves things with your specific hardware.

That line is under [Memory] in enblocal.ini and some profiles have it true, others false, so just be aware.

From the ENB author: "Added parameter DisableDriverMemoryManager which on some systems reduce stuttering when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set." According to most people on the forums this was primarily for compatibility with AMD cards. However, if you experience stuttering excessively with the latest version with ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true you might test setting this to true to see if it improves things with your specific hardware.

That line is under [Memory] in enblocal.ini and some profiles have it true, others false, so just be aware.

Is that supposed to read" however, if you experience stuttering excessively with the latest version, set reducesystemmemoryusage=true?" It sounded a bit off to me. I'm sure it's just that the author who wrote that isn't a native English speaker. I just wanna make sure I understood that correctly. 

If you are using the memory reduction feature which is the line ReduceSystemMemoryUsage = true, and you have excessive stuttering, then look in you enblocal.ini for the line DisableDriverMemoryManager. It is right under [Memory], and then change it to true if it is false or maybe flase if it is true to see if that helps.

If you are using the memory reduction feature which is the line ReduceSystemMemoryUsage = true' date=' and you have excessive stuttering, then look in you enblocal.ini for the line DisableDriverMemoryManager. It is right under [Memory'], and then change it to true if it is false or maybe flase if it is true to see if that helps.

Ohhh ok. Actually it was written correctly. I just read it incorrectly. Thanks for the clarification. 

With my AMD 7970 3GB is working like a charm, at least on the RAM figures.

I am using MEM INFO to monitor in-game RAM and FPS and I have been positively surprised by the numbers shown.

The only figure that i do not know how it performs is the figure of VRAM, as to do some comparison, since MEM INFO is not displaying that.

As far as I know SPM, cannot hook up well with ENB enabled, so do u guys have any ideas of how I can monitor in-game VRAM in conjunction with RAM as to have a more objective comparison?