CTD and Performance patch ENBoost (by Boris Vorontsov)

EssArrBee

this is what I have:

PG3a1mk.jpg

The MO mark some conflicts, but as I have no mod installed, only the DLC and Betsheda HQ textures, I do not consider important.

Anyway, I think I've found the solution, because SKSE already loaded EnbBoost.
He was very old DirectX libraries, to update, load SKSE ENBBoost.
The increase in performance is remarkable in the game.
I wish someone confirm me that is working, because I have no way of knowing.

When you load the game, I get this:

ENB Series 0.265 for TES Skyrim

visit site for update, user configs and other modifications

web page

copyright

Video Card Model

But then I get this:

Patch Speed Hack ENBOOST turned on in enblocal.ini graphic modification disabled

ENBOOST It is working?

Off-topic but, your left-hand pane needs a bit of attention.

All the DLC need to be ordered correctly otherwise the Hi-res DLC will be overwritten.

*Unmanaged: Dawnguard

*Unmanaged: HearthFires

*Unmanaged: Dragonborn

*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01

*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02
*Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03
  • +1 1

I have followed the STEP guide to ENBoost in the past and used it without issue. Now, I am having a baffling problem. Essentially, Skyrim will always CTD on the loading screen when transitioning from a cell to the Skyrim overworld.

As background, since the last time I used ENBoost and played a modded Skyrim, I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Windows. It is the same hardware as before though. So, off the bat, I suspect that it's either the version of ENB I am using (v0.265), or my graphics card drivers being more up-to-date, or both.

I have tried the following things with my enblocal.ini settings:

• Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64 to false.
  • Set AutodetectVideoMemorySize to true.
  • Fiddled with the value of VideoMemorySizeMb
  • Fiddled with the value of ReservedMemorySizeMb
  • Turned off the borderless options.
  • Set DisableDriverMemoryManager to true.
  • Just use the default enblocal.ini settings.

None of this makes any difference. I even tried using the injector version. No matter what I do, Skyrim will CTD on the loading screen when moving from any area to the overworld. I say this because I can transition to interior cells just fine. For example, I can load a save if the player is in a cave or building, but not if the save was on the overworld. I can use Arthmoor's alternate start (which puts you in a dungeon cell) but not the normal Skyrim start (which is on the overworld). If I remove all the ENB files, nothing like this happens.

I can't make heads or tails of this. There's nothing different about my hardware from the last time I (successfully) used ENBoost. Is there any precedent for this, is this a known issue?

Edit to aded: I tried downgrading to an older ENB (v0.262) and that seems to have fixed it. No idea why. Guess I'll leave this post here as info?

Edited by littleraskol

Thanks for your help.

I understand what you mean.

But that was not the problem.

I have installed mods, game files only, and should not have conflicts.

From what you have pictured here it looks like you have no mods installed and are not using SKSE to start the game, correct?

With this setup are you still having CTDs?

If so I fear you may have troubles with your hardware as there is nothing that you are loading that would cause those issues.

Have you ensured you have all the correct software, video card drivers, DirectX, etc. to run the game and have a computer that can handle it?

Secondly, and this is not related to your CTDs but you will need to get used to it once your system is stable, the mods on the left-hand side are not automatically sorted by MO or LOOT, you must manually move them into the correct order. Now, the thing to remember is: the mods that you want to have in the game need to be lowest in the order, ie. with the higher Priority Order, those mods listed in that screenshot need to be reversed to match what I posted earlier.

• +1 1

The CTD occurred when starting SKSE with ENBoost.

The directx was very old, to update, can play without problems.

The order of the mods in the left panel, MO warns me and corrected:

7G0SEyY.jpg

I'll be careful when installing mods, and observed potential conflicts.

Edited by Alastor

Usted debe mover manualmente los plugins en el mismo orden que he publicado anteriormente. MO no lo hará automáticamente por usted. Haga clic con el ratón y arrastrar / soltar cada mod a un nuevo lugar en la lista hasta que la orden coincide con la mía.

En cuanto a cómo configurar ENBoost , lea esta página y tal vez usar Google Translate para cualquiera de las secciones difíciles.

• 2 weeks later...

My physic in game went crazy after installing ENBoost. After death enemy fires me in the air every single time. I must admit that i have already Realistic Force(Ragdoll). I installed ENBoost and set up Enblocal like here https://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost plus few additional changes. 

I found this solution: 

Added VSyncSkipNumFrames parameter to enblocal.ini for users with high refresh rate displays who need to limit game performance (game physics work wrong at high fps).

https://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0265.htm

In 0.263 version there was added this option. 

But i have 'casual' refresh rate in screen options(60Hz). My spec: i5 750 2,67GHz ; 4GB RAM; Radeon HD5850. So it is not possible that i have 'high fps' problem. So what should i do? Should i set VSyncSkupNumFrames to 1? 

I am using only ENBoost, i don't have any ENB mods(only mod for lighting CoT and W.A.T.E.R mod) 

https://pastebin.com/ciLCqivp enblocal 

https://pastebin.com/NbkDG3dC load order 

https://pastebin.com/sNuDBrZs mod list 

Edited by Neris

Even with vsync on the physics can and will still do funky things. Especially with realistic force and ragdolls on. 

All it takes it spawning several monsters on top of each other and once their hit boxes collide... boom, sometimes things go into the stratosphere. 

Also when giants hit normal bandits.. they can and will fly over a mountain sometimes. No idea why this happens, but it does. Most of the time it is mostly only related to ragdolls... ie dead enemies or you however. But do not be surprised to see a mammoth fly over a hill.. because it stepped on a mudcrab.