Superior Rock Textures - HD 2K replacers by skyrimaguas

rootsrat

Wow really that sucks. Glad I still have copies of the files in my archive. But yeah they did seem like vanilla files that had been manipulated (they were fairly well done though)

Yeah, they were not terrible. The biggest reason I used Benjamin's textures was because he covered some that no other texture pack was doing (dwarven automatons and horses). I often popped his textures into photoshop and made my own edits because he made color/saturation/brightness that did not look like vanilla.

The Superior Rock Textures have definition that most 4K replacers don't have. They look brilliant - STEP worthy imo.

But' date=' still, you would only use one or two 4k textures at a time, and that's for [i']really[/i] intricate objects (eg: CaBaL used them for powered armor in both Beth Fallout games).

I was talking about the 2K version. It has more definition than most 4K replacers. Haha. Unless you are taking screenshots, no one needs 4K rocks.

I fear the day when 4k textures become the norm.... insane download sizes! 10Mb per texture at least. Scary thought.

And yeah 4k textures do not belong in stuff like rocks, or trees etc. The game just cant handle it, and it is really pointless to make such a generic gameworld item super sharp. At least that is my opinion on the matter!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Benjamin was a bit wild at times. I remember him telling me I was like his dad because I told him off for using sharpen too much (just a bit of fun). Oh well, sad to see him go. He was a nice guy actually.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...