Superior Rock Textures - HD 2K replacers by skyrimaguas

rootsrat

They look similar to Ewis Alternative Rock Textures which is what I've been using to provide some change from the default vanilla textures. Frankly, the vanilla textures for the rocks can become quite boring over time which is the only real reason I use Ewis Alternative Rock Textures; because I got bored with the rocks. :teehee:

I've just about gotten my game updated to 2.2.6 and all the mod updates installed as well. I plan on doing some testing once I'm done so I might check these out.

I gave this a quick test, the run from the Helgen Exit cave to Riverwood, and a few things so far:

The section from the Guardian stones to Riverwood looked really nice they blended in really well there with the rest of the STEP mods.

There are a number of rocks between the cave and the Guardian Stones that looked out of place with the rest of the environment.

However there is a bug, but I have not confirmed if it is this mod yet, wet rocks look like they have been wrapped in Plastic wrap :)

Which color option do people find best?

I doubt it will improve performance unless you drop down the texture size. (As I understand it, grass on steroids sort of cheats by making relatively low res textures huge and/or numerous and achieving a more grassy/weedy look without requiring your to load a ton of detailed textures. But that's just my guess.)

I gave this a quick test, the run from the Helgen Exit cave to Riverwood, and a few things so far:

The section from the Guardian stones to Riverwood looked really nice they blended in really well there with the rest of the STEP mods.

There are a number of rocks between the cave and the Guardian Stones that looked out of place with the rest of the environment.

However there is a bug, but I have not confirmed if it is this mod yet, wet rocks look like they have been wrapped in Plastic wrap :)

Think the modder uploaded an optional file to fix the plasticky wet rocks; did you use that?

well ... took a close look ingame and in photoshop yesterday...must admit these textures are not bad... maybe some minor details less and more "big shapes" on normal maps like in ewi work would be perfect for more variety...but yeah... not bad,..author did also some discrete color choices... i like

It's warrented. Benjamin got into an argument with skyrimaguas because he thought aguas stole resources from his rocks mod, without reporting the mod first. Then again, I don't think we are missing much at all just by having Benjamin gone - this quote by our very own CaBal about a Benjamin mod sums it up nicely:

lol...we're still discussing about vanilla textures+resize+ noise+photo overlay ? :D

please no

(Sourced from this post)