State of Skyrim Revisited Updates

Yes' date=' but it does replace duel's AI :) just wanted to know if anyone had tested it out already. Seems I'll have to do the honors :p[/quote']

If I am understanding FCqt, Duel - Combat Realism and EEAI both affect the way enemies fight, but they both accomplish it in different ways. It appears that AI is not simply controlled by one setting or one set of settings, but rather a combination of different things working together. FCqt is saying that EEAI affects [combat styles] and doesn't touch [game settings]. While Duel - CR affects [game settings] but doesn't change [combat styles]. So the game will actually take and apply Duel and then apply EEAI on top of it (or vise-versa) but neither mod will interfere with what the other does. However, you will end up with Enemy "AI" that is different than it would be with just one of EEAI or DUEL. Whether that is a good thing or bad thing is uncertain.

Versus mods like SkyRe and ASIS which it specifically states it will overwrite (or inversely, be overwritten with). It's easy to infer that his mod will overwrite the mods he lists as compatible because he says the will be compatible "if you load my mod after them". 

Yes' date=' but it does replace duel's AI :) just wanted to know if anyone had tested it out already. Seems I'll have to do the honors :p[/quote']

It does not replace Duel AI.

It alter it in either a good or bad way. :P

Yes, I hope I understood what you were saying and explained it right.

I do feel like my explanation of what happened with the enemy AI probably isn't worth much because I don't have much experience with other enemy AI mods to compare to. Basically it seemed to make NPCs really aggressive. I only once saw an enemy say they yield- it was a lone spellcaster at a standing stone or some such. Something else I noticed was that my companions would say "I yield, etc" fairly often after being beaten down by a dragon for instance. They would fall to their knees, then when I healed them or they got up on their own they would yield and start running. I usually healed them more after that and they turned around and started fighting again, but I think they did so even if I didn't heal them. This didn't happen all the time either, mostly just with dragons (maybe exclusively so).

I never saw an enemy run and hide though or seek cover, and I'm not sure if there is a mod that does that or not? I have heard that maybe SkyRe implements such AI for ranged characters and spellcasters, but I'm not sure- I can't say I noticed it. I definitely want to find an AI that focuses on making the enemies more defensive and harder to kill. It's rather easy for me to play defensive personally. Again, I was using multiple followers and playing a destruction/restoration mage so that made it easier. Next playthrough I will be a melee character with only one follower, maybe two. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Duel also has it's own AI (combat styles), I may be wrong though. And if you didn't understand what I meant is that if you load EEAI after Duel (stupid doing otherwise) you'll "replace" Duel's AI with EEAI, as in overwrite it xD

And I just checked, the hardcore version has been out for some time, why am I running v6 still?! Might not need EEAI after all :p

Here's my suggestions:

Deadly Dragons Armory

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16474/?

This one completely changes the way dragon weapons/armor are made and adds a few more sets of really cool armor/weapons. You require more ingredients than just the plain bones/scales which of course you get from dragons.

More Dynamic Injuries

The file has been removed from the Nexus but it can be found here: https://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/topic/5072-relz-more-dynamic-injuries/

This makes combats a lot more lethal and makes you think of it twice before entering one, only for hardcore immersion fans.

Real Shelter

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31629//?

Fixes the rain to stop when you are actually under some sort of roof.

It Rained On

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33886//?

Makes puddles appear when it rains up to a level and then disappear slowly when it stops.

Roof Avalanches

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34105//?

Makes snow gather on roofs etc. and slowly fall down when it gets "heavy".

Bellyache's New Dragon Species

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20889//?

Why stick to only the standard dragons?

I plan on using them with SR but I don't know if any form of patches/corrections are required with TESVEdit... if any could give some insight while on the subject, I'd be glad.

@OMGoblins

You perfectly resumed what I was saying in godly manner. :)

Enhanced Enemy AI should have been named Enhanced Enemy Combat Style to avoid confusion. :facepalm:

@Gandaganza

I checked Duel v5 Duel v6 in TES5Edit and it does not include [combat styles] hence EEAI cannot override Duel only alter it as OMGoblins explained.

I have not checked Duel v6 Duel v7 but I think it's the same as Duel v5 Duel v6 except with deadly locational damage.

Soul Trap Hit Effect Fix - Pretty self explanatory' date=' seems like a useful thing to install.[/quote']

Doesn't Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap also do what this mod does? Albeit' date=' in a different way...

[/quote']

I was going to say it looks slightly different from Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap but if I'm looking at it right it leaves like an aura around them until the soul trap effect wears off. It's also likely incompatible with EPST

Soul Trap Hit Effect Fix - Pretty self explanatory' date=' seems like a useful thing to install.[/quote']

Doesn't Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap also do what this mod does? Albeit' date=' in a different way...[/quote']

I was going to say it looks slightly different from Enhanced Projectile Soul Trap but if I'm looking at it right it leaves like an aura around them until the soul trap effect wears off. It's also likely incompatible with EPST

EPSG changes the spell to use different impact effects than the broken Soul Trap effects. The linked mod replaces the broken effect file with a working one. I guess they don't conflict directly, but the effects won't show up with EPSG, instead, it will use different effects.

@William: I think it comes down to personal preference in the visual effect of the spell. I would imagine that slightly altering EPSG's .esp file would have it revert to the fixed vanilla mesh while still keep the spell as an aimed projectile, but since you are the author perhaps you could clear it up. It seems to me that the property to change is:

Enhanced Soul Trap.esp > Magic Effect > 0004DBA3 > Magic Effect Data> DATA - Data > Hit Effect Art

If we change the value from "CommandTargetFX" to "SoulTrapTargetEffects" would this result in the fixed vanilla mesh being used?