Anneal

Eckhart90

Question

Hi, I had a little misunderstanding with Wrye Bash while trying to install STEP. :whistling:

Well, I installed HD2K, SHD (both DDsopted) and some other things with NMM and then went with Wrye Bash to install the majority of other mods.

Most of the mods that I previously installed with NMM had yellow background in WB...I've selected "Anneal" and then something about STD (my archive containing vanilla textures) appears.

I've found in game that newer textures are overriden by the Vanilla ones (which are contained in STD)!

Is there a way to safely undo "Anneal" without create conflicts with other mods (e.g. if I simply re-install HD2K it'll overwrite a lot of other mods and I don't want this to happen).

Is there a way to order graphical mods (not just ESPs) with WB?

I don't want to mess up everything for this misunderstanding...Hope you understand.

Sorry for my english and have a nice day!

:)

I would download the 1k version of the big texture packs in order to save system RAM. 2k versions will put you over the RAM limit at 1080p in certain areas like windhelm and falkreath. 

I've used GPU-Z to monitor high-VRAM areas like The Rift, Ivarstead, Windhelm ecc. and it seems that my GTX 670 reach 2038 VRAM (2048 is the max capacity).

So I'll use the 1K version of HD2K and SHD. Do you think it's better to just download Lite version of both or to use DDSopt with 1024x1024 limit on the standard (2k) version of the two?

It is almost always better to use the 1k versions if the author has made any. One has to assume that he/she has sorted out any specific issues that might arise from re sizing. Unless you have a really slow internet connection, then you can just re-size manually using ddsopt.