STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Changing the version 'instance' is too much of a maintenance overhead. Please see my previous post on changes. This works for every single page on the wiki.

Then why have the version system at all? The current setup fools people into thinking there is such a thing as STEP 2.2.6, but there isn't.

If you don't keep changes and the version number in sync then other than looking all official what is the point of the number?

You should just ditch the version scheme because it's totally meaningless at the moment and serves only to confuse people.

Our version system makes perfect sense. As you've already been told by myself and Z, this release is a bit different than other releases from the past. Small changes will be made (which are mainly corrections to the guide); however, it has been discussed and nothing major, such as adding or removing mods, will take place until 2.3 is released. I will say this one last time and any further pushing of the topic will be considered for moderation action because you have already been told several times:

2.3 is a major shift in the way STEP will work. This means there is going to be a longer gap between releases than normal. Because of this gap, the 2.2.6 release and minor updates to it are being handled differently than in the past. Any time a minor update is done, the change is posted here and on the changelog. This is our effort to keep members informed. From that point on, it's up to the members whether to implement the minor changes or not. There will be no version changes until 2.3 is released unless we deem it is necessary. Version changes come coupled with a lot of maintenance in the background that you are unaware of; thus, constantly changing the version number is simply too much of an overhead when our time can be better spent elsewhere in working towards our 2.3 release.

No further discussion on this matter needs to take place.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the version 'instance' is too much of a maintenance overhead. Please see my previous post on changes. This works for every single page on the wiki.

Then why have the version system at all? The current setup fools people into thinking there is such a thing as STEP 2.2.6, but there isn't.

If you don't keep changes and the version number in sync then other than looking all official what is the point of the number?

You should just ditch the version scheme because it's totally meaningless at the moment and serves only to confuse people.

Our version system makes perfect sense. As you've already been told by myself and Z, this release is a bit different than other releases from the past. Small changes will be made (which are mainly corrections to the guide); however, it has been discussed and nothing major, such as adding or removing mods, will take place until 2.3 is released. I will say this one last time and any further pushing of the topic will be considered for moderation action because you have already been told several times:

2.3 is a major shift in the way STEP will work. This means there is going to be a longer gap between releases than normal. Because of this gap, the 2.2.6 release and minor updates to it are being handled differently than in the past. Any time a minor update is done, the change is posted here and on the changelog. This is our effort to keep members informed. From that point on, it's up to the members whether to implement the minor changes or not. There will be no version changes until 2.3 is released unless we deem it is necessary. Version changes come coupled with a lot of maintenance in the background that you are unaware of; thus, constantly changing the version number is simply too much of an overhead when our time can be better spent elsewhere in working towards our 2.3 release.

No further discussion on this matter needs to take place.

... and version numbers are necessary for keeping the community at large updated on our significant releases (as we deem them "significant"). Remember, Nexus users depend on versioning, and small tweaks to a current version are not mandatory changes but rather largely arbitrary or corrections.

STEP is a dynamic-release guide to which everyone can contribute and follow strictly or loosely, not a fixed-release software dev project to which only a very few can contribute.

Ever since I applied STEP my books don't align with the screen. Been like this since 2.2.5. I tried removing the ini tweak for book interface alignment, but didn't change anything. Only happens for a few books.

Posted Image

Exactly the same happening with me, as well. I'm not 100% sure but only with journals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: My resolution is 1920x1080 if it matters.

Ever since I applied STEP my books don't align with the screen. Been like this since 2.2.5. I tried removing the ini tweak for book interface alignment, but didn't change anything. Only happens for a few books.

Posted Image

Exactly the same happening with me, as well. I'm not 100% sure but only with journals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've had the same problem in 2.2.5. Removing the book opening time tweak from skyrim.ini did not help. I am not using this tweak anymore, and in fact I would question it's presence in STEP - why is this recommended at all and perceived as an improvement over vanilla?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've had the same problem in 2.2.5. Removing the book opening time tweak from skyrim.ini did not help. I am not using this tweak anymore, and in fact I would question it's presence in STEP - why is this recommended at all and perceived as an improvement over vanilla?

fBookOpenTime=200.0

As far as I know settings in Skyrim.ini does nothing about this bug. It just faster page opening animations, nothing more. And its good, very useful.

"Speeds up the book opening animation"

fSafeZoneX=10

fSafeZoneY=10

fSafeZoneXWide=10

fSafeZoneYWide=10

"and move the HUD elements closer to the borders of the screen"

I think those settings above also does not have connection with this bug. They are I guess just placing HUD elements like SkyUI icons, and magicka, health, and stamina bar closer the borders.

I have no idea why this is happening, and I have a strong feeling just with journals book type. It's a very subtale annoying bug. Would be great to solve it, but I can leave with it.

Under the 'Book of Silence' 'Detailed Instructions' it says...

IMPORTANT: There is a conflict with Guard Dialogue Overhaul and the aMidianborn Skyforge Weapons ESP. To resolve this, either load GDO above the aMidianborn ESP or create a patch between the two mods using TES5Edit.

Boss already loads GDO above the aMidianborn ESP automatically. It hasn't always, but in the past few months it has. This note might not be needed anymore. 

Hi, thanks for all the great work.

Just wanted to point out a clipping issue between:

- Consistent Older Peoples (v1.5 tested)

- FemFeet by Phygit (integrated in XCE 1.13)

the meshes causing the problem are:

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalefeet_0.nif

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalefeet_1.nif

the foot of all vanilla female NPC look right except those affected by the mod consistent older people.

Edit.

I have even used "loose files" and didn't make any difference.

New release of the mod COP v1.6, changelog:

2013-07-21, 1.6 - USKP realignment update (remove Isabelle Rolaine, tweak Gerda).

(I have already done these changes myself without knowing the new release)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for all the great work.

Just wanted to point out a clipping issue between:

- Consistent Older Peoples (v1.5 tested)

- FemFeet by Phygit (integrated in XCE 1.13)

the meshes causing the problem are:

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalefeet_0.nif

Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\femalefeet_1.nif

the foot of all vanilla female NPC look right except those affected by the mod consistent older people.

Edit.

I have even used "loose files" and didn't make any difference.

New release of the mod COP v1.6, changelog:

2013-07-21, 1.6 - USKP realignment update (remove Isabelle Rolaine, tweak Gerda).

(I have already done these changes myself without knowing the new release)

Good to know. Neovalen may have brought this up somewhere, so we should keep this bookmarked to determine how to resolve.

I gave Tech a more in-depth reply, but to summarise, COP is completely body mesh and texture agnostic, and uses whatever vanilla resources are present, so provided they are in the usual locations, there should be no issue. It does not include any body, hand or feet meshes or textures at all. I use FemFeet myself, with a CBBE-derived body replacer, and there is no clipping issue that I can see.

That said, if you have a mod that changes or varies the location of the various body resources (basically, something which modifies the NakedTorso, NakedHands or NakedFeet armour addons so the models they use are in different locations), I can see that causing problems, as this would have the effect of making all NPCs apart from those modified by COP different. This is the only thing I can think of. And if it is something like this, I suspect a patch for COP would be fairly straightforward.