STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Frankly, given that it takes about two work days worth of time to build a proper new install that includes all of STEP and some GEMS (I'd know, I think I clocked 12 hours working on mine so far and nowhere done) - if you do that without reading the bug report thread first, you are Shivering Isles material ;)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really like it if a release was a release and then frozen. I don't understand the point of a version numbering system which has no meaning. There's no such thing as 2.2.6 because what you have installed depends on which day you followed the instructions, so why have releases at all? If I need to monitor the changelog regardless of whether a new release has come out or not, then why not just ditch the entire release system and introduce changes as and when?

At the very least could you please, PLEASE, stick datestamps in the change log and put the latest changes at the top.

A date stamp is automatically added to the bottom of the page, and at least for now you can use the recent changes feature of the wiki to see what changes were made. I know it's not what you were asking for but it might help for now.

This release has been done differently than all the others due to the next (2.3) being a major change. Thus, please bare with us as minor changes are made here and there to 2.2.6 because part of these changes are to prepare for the next release. We're trying not to make any major moves on this release and thus saving those types of changes for 2.3.

I would really like it if a release was a release and then frozen. I don't understand the point of a version numbering system which has no meaning. There's no such thing as 2.2.6 because what you have installed depends on which day you followed the instructions, so why have releases at all? If I need to monitor the changelog regardless of whether a new release has come out or not, then why not just ditch the entire release system and introduce changes as and when?

At the very least could you please, PLEASE, stick datestamps in the change log and put the latest changes at the top.

All wikis have this inherently. Just go to "Page Tools" > History and look at the diff ;)

Ongoing updates have their value too. Sure, you lose a bit in terms of consistency and it may make bug reports more difficult to troubleshoot, but ongoing updates are generally justified and great for end-users. If we find a mod is buggier than we thought, neither releasing an immediate new version nor keeping it quiet are optimal.

If there was to be a change, I'd suggest quietly lettering every single change. 2.26a, 2.26b, 2.26c, etc...

Weapons and Armor Fixes wiki page seams to have some errors with the tags. I'd fix it' date=' but I've yet to teach myself any wiki basics.[/quote']

After I updated the Semantic code, all of the wiki pages are now calling a tag that will not show up in the current page caches (the wiki caches all of its pages). The only way to force the update is to use "Page Tools" > "Edit With Form" > Save.

I have been taking care of it piecemeal as I visit any mod page. If anyone else  is willing to do this for any mod pages they visit, that would be helpful.

On the GDO note it says, "No NOT clean with TES5Edit. ITMs/UDRs are intended by the author."

Pretty sure that's 'Do NOT'. Also, why are there still BCFs for Book of Silence? It comes with a wizard now.

Fixed GDO. I don't know about the BCFs though. I have nothing to do with them and personally, I don't use them. :happy:

On the GDO note it says, "No NOT clean with TES5Edit. ITMs/UDRs are intended by the author."

Pretty sure that's 'Do NOT'. Also, why are there still BCFs for Book of Silence? It comes with a wizard now.

The BCFs can be removed using the "Edit" link on the mod page. Anyone should be able to do this.

Changing the version 'instance' is too much of a maintenance overhead. Please see my previous post on changes. This works for every single page on the wiki.

Then why have the version system at all? The current setup fools people into thinking there is such a thing as STEP 2.2.6, but there isn't.

If you don't keep changes and the version number in sync then other than looking all official what is the point of the number?

You should just ditch the version scheme because it's totally meaningless at the moment and serves only to confuse people.