STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Realistic Mushrooms has a low res version so it needs a LQ graphic and it also has a Dragonborn version' date=' so a note should be added to download that file too.

EDIT: The Dragonborn optional file for WATER needs some clarification on the notes. There are three folders to install the 00 core, 10 water - DB, and 20 water - DB Waves. I go with core and DB Waves.[/quote']

Done and done.

The bcf's posted for the aMidianBorn Book of Silence trio do not seem to be recognized by Wrye Bash. When you right click -> conversions' date=' the apply menu is greyed out. Any suggestions on how to get them to see their BCFs? Also, the weapons set does not include elven, though the detailed instructions list that as a recommended set. Perhaps the BCF's and instructions are for an earlier version of these great mods?[/quote']

The BCFs probably need an update. I think WilliamImm has been taking care of those.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey STEPpers,

I don't know how much of this problem is caused by my own ignorance, but Dual Sheath Redux causes Skyrim to crash at a very specific point - the same one described in this ancient post. The second time Alduin breathes fire, BAM! CTD.

I determined after heavy trial and error that none of the fire or spell effect mods had anything to do with the crash. DSR was properly patched and was last in the load order as prescribed by the STEP guide, BOSS was run, Wrye suggested no other problems were responsible.

To solve this I just got rid of DSR. I'm sure that there are more elegant methods available to those wiser than myself, but at my level of non-skill, I'd rather have the rest of the game without fancy sheathes than endless CTD. ;)

I also wanted to note that the 2.2.6 release only makes mention of one TES5EDIT compatibility patch that is necessary (ASG-AWE Patch.esp), but Neovalen has found many more opportunities for these kinds of patches in his Skyrim Revisited guide which may be applicable to the mods listed in 2.2.6. Examples include:

* Dragonborn vs. Dawnguard (generates General Patch.esp)

* Radiant Unique Potions and Poison Bottles vs. Destructible Bottles Extended (generates RUPPB-DBE Patch.esp)

* Improved Combat Sounds vs. Enhanced Blood Textures (generates ICS-EBT Patch.esp)

* Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization vs. Unique Region Names (generates SOS-AMM Patch.esp)

If we were to include the actual Arrows and Bolt Tweaks mod and not just the one ini setting in our tweaks section:

* Dawnguard Explosive Bolts Visualized vs Arrows and Bolt Tweaks (generates DEBV-ABT Patch.esp)

* Weapons and Armor Fixes vs. Arrows and Bolt Tweaks (generates WAF-ABT Patch.esp)

There are also many TES5Edit opportunities to carry forward patch data in places where a subsequent mod does not, such as those mods which overwrite data from USKP, etc. IMHO, these could stand to at least be mentioned as well, or perhaps scripts/esp's could be provided which perform these edits and creates the BOSS User List rules automatically. Bridge too far?

Hey STEPpers,

I don't know how much of this problem is caused by my own ignorance, but Dual Sheath Redux causes Skyrim to crash at a very specific point - the same one described in this ancient post. The second time Alduin breathes fire, BAM! CTD.

I determined after heavy trial and error that none of the fire or spell effect mods had anything to do with the crash. DSR was properly patched and was last in the load order as prescribed by the STEP guide, BOSS was run, Wrye suggested no other problems were responsible.

To solve this I just got rid of DSR. I'm sure that there are more elegant methods available to those wiser than myself, but at my level of non-skill, I'd rather have the rest of the game without fancy sheathes than endless CTD. ;)

This is not technically caused by DSR, you probably missed the Skeleton Rig files when you installed XPMS. I had the same issue until I figured out what was missing.

Hey STEPpers,

This is not technically caused by DSR, you probably missed the Skeleton Rig files when you installed XPMS. I had the same issue until I figured out what was missing.
Wait what? Please explain. If this can help me put DSR back in, I'd be thrilled.

@Gremlin & Wormheart,

DSR is a complicated mod that I suggested was too complicated for STEP in it's current form; however, it was added anyway. I had always left it out of my install but the first time I decided to try it out I received CTDs too (and I'm not a novice at this). I'll be leaving it out until a better explanation of it's installation is developed on STEP...2.3 possibly; possibly I'll never install it because I've never missed the feature it adds.

@Steveley & Quitch,

STEP realizes that TES5Edit could be integrated much more and it will be in small baby steps starting with 2.3. We don't want to do too much at once because new modders could quickly become overwhelmed by a guide similar to SR due to its complexity. There will also always be a STEP guide that is aimed towards new, inexperienced modders no matter how complex STEP becomes in the future.

@Gremlin & Wormheart,

DSR is a complicated mod that I suggested was too complicated for STEP in it's current form; however, it was added anyway. I had always left it out of my install but the first time I decided to try it out I received CTDs too (and I'm not a novice at this). I'll be leaving it out until a better explanation of it's installation is developed on STEP...2.3 possibly; possibly I'll never install it because I've never missed the feature it adds.

Ugh... Well, I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this. To purge the havoc DSR, XPMS, and FNIS wreaked on my build, I uninstalled everything and am starting over from scratch to make sure there will be no lingering problems. -_-

Alduin is truly a fearsome enemy - his fire breath kicks me out of Tamriel completely!

Changelog has been updated to reflect a few changes.

• Added Terrain Bump to Landscapes & Environment
  • Moved Distant Decal Fix up in the install order (it remained in fixes just moved up)
  • Moved Guard Dialogue Overhaul from Gameplay to Fixes.

@ Admin,

Please remember to update the changelog when making changes to the Guide. Thanks!

Hmm... maybe 2.2.6a should have been released since there was also a few modifications for updated mods.

No need. There is a huge "notice" across the top of the changelog stating that changes to the live guide can occur at any time between releases. These small things between releases don't warrant another release. Just a quick heads up from time to time that a few small changes have taken place. Some of these changes are in preparation to to 2.3. One you might notice is the mods marked as "core" has changed.