STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Should be noted that Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (no longer in step but still used by a lot of us, I think?) includes its own ruins and chest textures which will overwrite "detailed chests" and "ruins clutter improvement." Solved this by installing those two mods AFTER SRO. SRO's ruins clutter textures are surprisingly awful. 

I stand corrected then - I am not an expert on WB. But, AFAIK, it cannot do profiles, no? In terms of more advanced functionality it's definitely better, agree.

This is one of the features I chose Mor Organizer for my mod manager. You don't have to worry about WHEN you install your mods, as you can simply move your installed mods in the list up or down and the relevant files get overwritten accordingly to mod position in the list. If you installed chests before SRO, you could just move Chests mod after SRO in the mod list in MO and SRO textures would get overwritten. If you fiddle with your mods often and test new stuff all the time, MO is the way to go! The beauty of virtual Data folder :)

Well I use Wrye Bash, and unless I'm mistaken, WB allows you to do the exact same thing. All I did was move those two mods below in the install order, click "anneal all" and that was that. 

Exactly. I don't think that there is anything MO does that WB cannot do (it is the other way around, really). MO just has a 'friendlier' user interface.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be noted that Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (no longer in step but still used by a lot of us' date=' I think?) includes its own ruins and chest textures which will overwrite "detailed chests" and "ruins clutter improvement." Solved this by installing those two mods AFTER SRO. SRO's ruins clutter textures are surprisingly awful. [/quote']

This is one of the features I chose Mor Organizer for my mod manager. You don't have to worry about WHEN you install your mods' date=' as you can simply move your installed mods in the list up or down and the relevant files get overwritten accordingly to mod position in the list. If you installed chests before SRO, you could just move Chests mod after SRO in the mod list in MO and SRO textures would get overwritten. If you fiddle with your mods often and test new stuff all the time, MO is the way to go! The beauty of virtual Data folder :)[/quote']

Well I use Wrye Bash, and unless I'm mistaken, WB allows you to do the exact same thing. All I did was move those two mods below in the install order, click "anneal all" and that was that. 

Exactly. I don't think that there is anything MO does that WB cannot do (it is the other way around, really). MO just has a 'friendlier' user interface.

Can I do Skyrim Revisited with Mod Organizer, or is that guide specifically tailored for MO?

Some of its instructions are geared towards MO; however, they should be achievable via WB. One of the main reasons for choosing MO over WB for SR is due to the virtualization of the Data folder. MO doesn't touch the Data folding in Skyrim and instead creates a "virtual" one that it uses. (If I understand it correctly.) This is how MO allows multiple "profiles" with each profile able to contain different mod setups. This is great for easily switching between different mod setup for different characters and whatnot. It also makes switching back to a 100% vanilla state a breeze. With that said, I still use WB. :teehee:

Should be noted that Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (no longer in step but still used by a lot of us' date=' I think?) includes its own ruins and chest textures which will overwrite "detailed chests" and "ruins clutter improvement." Solved this by installing those two mods AFTER SRO. SRO's ruins clutter textures are surprisingly awful. [/quote']

This is one of the features I chose Mor Organizer for my mod manager. You don't have to worry about WHEN you install your mods' date=' as you can simply move your installed mods in the list up or down and the relevant files get overwritten accordingly to mod position in the list. If you installed chests before SRO, you could just move Chests mod after SRO in the mod list in MO and SRO textures would get overwritten. If you fiddle with your mods often and test new stuff all the time, MO is the way to go! The beauty of virtual Data folder :)[/quote']

Can I do Skyrim Revisited with Mod Organizer Wrye Bash, or is that guide specifically tailored for MO?

Some of its instructions are geared towards MO; however, they should be achievable via WB. One of the main reasons for choosing MO over WB for SR is due to the virtualization of the Data folder. MO doesn't touch the Data folding in Skyrim and instead creates a "virtual" one that it uses. (If I understand it correctly.) This is how MO allows multiple "profiles" with each profile able to contain different mod setups. This is great for easily switching between different mod setup for different characters and whatnot. It also makes switching back to a 100% vanilla state a breeze. With that said, I still use WB. :teehee:

Yes, this is a clear benefit for using MO, but it has some drawbacks as I recall (sorry, I cannot be more specific). I use SIS to handle this, and WB also allows profiling and alternate configs.

Ever since I applied STEP my books don't align with the screen. Been like this since 2.2.5. I tried removing the ini tweak for book interface alignment, but didn't change anything. Only happens for a few books.

Posted Image

In the detailed instructions for "New Idles for Skyrim" it says the following:

Note: Users only need to run Fore's New Idles for Skyrim if also using the Maximum Skeleton, or other mods that support/require Fore's New Idles. For STEP, this applies to Dual Sheath Redux, which will be installed downstream of this mod. Disregard this mod if that mod will not also be used.

Dual Sheath Redux is listed in the "Fixes" section which is listed way before this mod. This description makes it seem like it is listed after. 

Note: Users only need to run Fore's New Idles for Skyrim if also using the Maximum Skeleton, or other mods that support/require Fore's New Idles. For STEP, this applies to Dual Sheath Redux, which will be installed downstream of this mod. Disregard this mod if that mod will not also be used.

Dual Sheath Redux is listed in the "Fixes" section which is listed way before this mod. This description makes it seem like it is listed after. 

Fixed.

Please disregard the bi-weekly schedule for the next release (2.3). It will be a major overhaul and thus, will not be following the normal release schedule. The release schedule will be revised once 2.3 is released.

Fixed.

Please disregard the bi-weekly schedule for the next release (2.3). It will be a major overhaul and thus, will not be following the normal release schedule. The release schedule will be revised once 2.3 is released.

Will there still be bi-weekly releases for 2.2.6? 

2.2.6 is now released. The next STEP update will be 2.3.0 and the ETA is so far unknown.

No I know 2.2.6 is released. I meant like will there be bi-weekly updates like a 2.2.6a or a 2.2.7 if we decide to remove/add a few mods here or there? 
If anything is done in that regard, it will be done to 2.2.6. However, additions will be held off until 2.3. Removals may still take place as two mods have already been removed from 2.2.6 (Categorized Favorites Menu and CFM Oni-Edition). These changes will be recorded in the changelog which can be found on the OP. If a change takes place, a post stating the change will also be posted here.

• 2 weeks later...

Realistic Mushrooms has a low res version so it needs a LQ graphic and it also has a Dragonborn version, so a note should be added to download that file too.

EDIT: The Dragonborn optional file for WATER needs some clarification on the notes. There are three folders to install the 00 core, 10 water - DB, and 20 water - DB Waves. I go with core and DB Waves.

The bcf's posted for the aMidianBorn Book of Silence trio do not seem to be recognized by Wrye Bash. When you right click -> conversions, the apply menu is greyed out. Any suggestions on how to get them to see their BCFs? Also, the weapons set does not include elven, though the detailed instructions list that as a recommended set. Perhaps the BCF's and instructions are for an earlier version of these great mods?

The bcf's posted for the aMidianBorn Book of Silence trio do not seem to be recognized by Wrye Bash. When you right click -> conversions' date=' the apply menu is greyed out. Any suggestions on how to get them to see their BCFs? Also, the weapons set does not include elven, though the detailed instructions list that as a recommended set. Perhaps the BCF's and instructions are for an earlier version of these great mods?[/quote']

It sounds like the BCFs need to be updated to the new source files.

Is anyone able to attend to this?