STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

A few days ago, I would agree.

But MO have more functions (like integrated NMM manager, ini tweak, profiles, etc.) AND makes an EASY transaction between modded states and vanilla ones.

Wrye Bash is a good mod manager, but it has some drawbacks (like long waits every time you open the installers tabs after fresh open, slow extraction time [first to temp folder, then organize, then copy to data], etc.).

I turns out, I'm only using it for the Bashed Patch. :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm trying to play for days. MO is awesome! :P

And the more you know, sooner you'll play, lalala

EDIT:

To stay on topic, I wrote a few notes on the 2.2.6 release:

**Fixes**
1.Brawl Bugs Patch -> If the BSA was extracted, remove .esp file.
2.Dead Body Collision -> With or without spell ? v1.0 without / v2.4 with (since updates after v1.0 are just spell related ones)
3.Dual Seath Redux -> Include instructions for java patch to MO users ?
4.Trade & Barter -> Clarify the note to reflect intention: "STEP Recommends: Install the mod and activate the .esp to activate the 'fixes', but do NOT click "start mod" in the MCM options to activate the additional features"
5.Unofficial High Resolution Patch -> If the BSA was extracted, remove .esp file.
->Note: Add reminder of execution for DSR Java patch and FNIS Behaviour

**Interface**
1. High Quality 3D Map -> Wich size for normals ? 1k or 2k ?
2. A Quality World Map -> Why just Main Roads ? (Didn't found a forum discussion) / Install Clear-Map addon ?
3. Skill Interface Retexture -> What about the moon patch ? Clarify how dawnguard patch works.
4. Unique Region Names -> A lot of problems to solve according to SR. Causes Morthal Mannor to be invisible.
->Note: Urgent fix for URN, IMHO

**Conflicting Graphics**
1.HRDLC Optimized -> Make reference to DDSOpt Guide ? Redundant if guide was followed.

EDIT: I know I would be "rooted" soon! :P

I would also recommend MO over WB if you plan to create separate profiles, i.e. vanilla, testing profile, gaming profile etc. I have a separate profile for each of my characters, as I use different set of mods for them (I don't use extra spells or magic overhauls on my warrior profile, I have Moonpath to Elsweyr installed formy Khajiit character only etc.).

But that's offtopic now, so back to 2.2.6 bug reports - there are separate threads to discuss mod managers, so please post there regarding the topic.

All the Sounds of Skyrim series (dungeons, civilizations and wilds) has a possible CTD problem.

For that, the modder put out a "crash fix". That crash fix false-flag their .esp to act as ESM, so BOSS puts 'em to load with masters.

Just FYI.

EDIT: WeaponsArmorFixes_MultiMod_DLCPatch.esp needs to have its masters sorted via TES5EDIT after running BOSS.

To stay on topic, I wrote a few notes on the 2.2.6 release:

**Fixes**

1.Brawl Bugs Patch -> If the BSA was extracted, remove .esp file.

2.Dead Body Collision -> With or without spell ? v1.0 without / v2.4 with (since updates after v1.0 are just spell related ones)

Without

3.Dual Seath Redux -> Include instructions for java patch to MO users ?

That's Neo's baby, I haven't even installed it yet.

4.Trade & Barter -> Clarify the note to reflect intention: "STEP Recommends: Install the mod and activate the .esp to activate the 'fixes', but do NOT click "start mod" in the MCM options to activate the additional features"

5.Unofficial High Resolution Patch -> If the BSA was extracted, remove .esp file.

->Note: Add reminder of execution for DSR Java patch and FNIS Behaviour

**Interface**

1. High Quality 3D Map -> Wich size for normals ? 1k or 2k ?

1k is always the baseline for STEP

2. A Quality World Map -> Why just Main Roads ? (Didn't found a forum discussion) / Install Clear-Map addon ?

Main roads is just to stick to vanilla. I personally install all roads version. Clear-Map is your choice.

3. Skill Interface Retexture -> What about the moon patch ? Clarify how dawnguard patch works.

4. Unique Region Names -> A lot of problems to solve according to SR. Causes Morthal Mannor to be invisible.

I never agreed with adding this mod. Too many conflicts with other mods.

->Note: Urgent fix for URN, IMHO

**Conflicting Graphics**

1.HRDLC Optimized -> Make reference to DDSOpt Guide ? Redundant if guide was followed.

As for the rest, I'll try to get to it today.

**Landscape & Envirnment**
1. Chimneys for Skyrim -> There are two files with that name, one with and one without spaces between the words. Wich ?
2. Real Ice -> Apparently Clasic version has No Parallax option, couldn't find it in Dull & Ice.
3. Realistic Mushrooms -> Baseline: Lowres (1k) version available; add note.
4. Water - Dragonborn Add-on -> Has an extra .esp for Waves. Install it ? BOSS says no.

**Clothing & Equipment**
1.Book of Silence -> New compatible .esp for Skyforge Weapons. Suppose to correct previous conflict.

**Animations & Effects**
1.Enhanced Blood -> Comment that the ini files embedded are already used at step. No need to use.
2.Rainbows -> MO had problem extracting the .bsa (just to report)
3.Skyrum Sunglare -> Any STEP recommendetion regard the lens flare effect ?

**Clutter & Miscellaneous**
1.HD Sacks -> TypeB has two files: Small and Big, add info ?
2.New Thinner Torch -> "Use JUST 'Ultimate HD Torch by rheadude compatible1 version". Right ?
3.Septim HD -> I recommend the fliped version, file is cleaner and the coin presents itself better (??).
4.Soul Gems Differ -> Manual AND NMM/MO install ?

**Sound**
1.Better Weapon Swings -> If .BSA extracted, delete .esp.
2.Sounds of Skyrim - All Three -> Just to note that crash fixes are False-flaged ESPs.
3.Thundering Shouts -> If .BSA extracted, delete .esp.

**Gameplay**
1.Dual Wield Parrying -> A lot of single file version. Select Pure SKSE only.
2.Follower Trap Safety -> If .BSA extracted, delete .esp.
3.Oblivion Gates -> Install without the texture folders then ? Not really clear. Just got the use of the esp. No add-on to download at all.

And that's it. Majorly, observations, some need confirmation from other step users. :)

I think for Dual Wield Parrying, you need to use "Dual Wield Parrying Random Attacks Dawnguard" if you have Dawnguard and play with a controller. I don't think the skse version allows you to left hand attack and block without some really clever remapping.

There is no instructions in 2.2.6 how to create a bashed patch and include this tweak. It is included in Neo's Skyrim Revisited, but not in the STEP guide. This needs to be added.

Possibly just copy and paste from Neo's guide, excluding timescale? Unless STEP wants to recommend timescale change too? Personally I would include that too, as it makes the game a bit more realistic. I use 8, SR suggests 10, default is 20.