STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Yes, you can setup game profiles, but the guide doesn't currently recommend that. Without a very specific reason for forcing AA and AF through the control panel, there's no reason to do it. An application should also always be allowed to handle its own AA and AF. Setting up a custom profile will also override any hidden profile that AMD has for Skyrim.

I added instructions for setting app-specific profile.

Change log doesn't state that the detailed instructions for Skyrim Flora Overhaul have been updated (to clarify that 181 should be used not 179). I added a note to the current ChangeLog instructing users to visit same sec of prev log to get all info. This avoids redundancy, which I think is worse (and costs more in terms of maintenance).

D Cursor Fix

This is core, but C Borderless Window is not. Isn't Double Cursor Fix specifically for Borderless Window? This applies to Alt-Tabbing and getting the double cursor when going back into the game. It happens under fullscreen too.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the clarification.

J New Idles for Skyrim

As far as I can tell there's no way to get Wrye to install the EXE files for this mod (I tried Override Skips), which means you can't complete the detailed installation instructions. If there's a way to get this working under Wrye it should be listed in the note, otherwise the note should state that the EXE files need to be extracted manually.

I have verified that there is no way to get executables installed via WB, so I have clarified the detailed recommendations.

I can't say for certainty, but I think iLargeIntRefCount=131072 causes a crash when trying to enter a Helgen Keep entrance at the start of the game. I have been fixing a few things in my game today, so maybe it is not the case, but I moved it back to what it was before.

I haven't done much research on what this setting does.

The hang is with me since 2.2.5, with W8 I need to "Sign Out" so I can gain access to the system again.

I was tracking it to RAM issues, but I can't confirm it. I still think it's something related to animations / effects, broken hkx maybe ?

With or without ini tweaks, it's all the same. Random hang when changing cells at random times. I'll clear my papyrus log one day, solving every script problem I have to see if it resolves the problem.

I was able to upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 without incident, though I did notice most of the issues already mentioned above. 

What is the deal with the Crime Radius mod? I did some Googling and it sounds like this can be addressed with an INI tweak in Wrye Bash, but I don't see the option. Does this require an update to Wrye Bash? I try not to update anything between releases without a reason. 

Suggestion going forward -- when you release a new version, include in the Change Log both changes from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6 AND the changes to the 2.2.5 change log since its release. I would have never known to go back to the 2.2.5 change log to see what had changed since its release. I assume most people only update on major releases and are only checking the most recent log. 

Thanks. I didn't see the Crime: Alarm Distance option in Wrye Bash when I looked yesterday but I will check again tonight. 

It's not an INI option, you need to right-click Bashed Patch on the Mods list and choose Rebuild Patch.

Just rebuilt (built for the first time?) the bashed patch, and I got a little FPS boost. Maybe this is part of the development plan for 2.3 / transitioning to more technical details ala Skyrim Revisited, but I did not realize that bashed patch thing had to be done.