Dragons Shout with Voice (by pauderek)

WilliamImm

Install the main file named Dragons Shout with Voice - LOOSE.

The Dragons Shout with Voice from location optional file is not required so you can skip it. If you prefer to use this optional file:

• Install the optional file with Mod Organizer (the same way you would install any other mod)
  • Run Creation Kit from Mod Organizer
  • Click File | Data
  • Select the ESP file that was installed in the first step and click Set as Active File
  • Click OK to load the plugin
  • Wait for the Creation Kit to finish loading and validating the plugin and masters (it'll take a while).
  • Close the dialog showing a bunch of warnings.
  • Click File | Save to save the plugin
  • Exit Creation Kit
  • For the extra cautious, run SSEEdit and check the plugin for errors just to verify Creation Kit didn't do something silly.

The last step isn't strictly necessary, but I'm wary of Creation Kit throwing in a bunch of identical to master records at random.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easiest method...

1. Launch CK through MO

2. File menu, Data

3. Double-click esp and click ok

4. File menu, Save

5. Profit

Interesting... When I double click an ESP file in that dialog and click OK, it complains about no active file selected. I'll try it again this weekend to see if it makes a difference whether double clicking on the mod name vs the box makes a difference.

Interesting... When I double click an ESP file in that dialog and click OK, it complains about no active file selected. I'll try it again this weekend to see if it makes a difference whether double clicking on the mod name vs the box makes a difference.

Ah, I must have replied near the same time as you. Your answer is more in-depth. I was going from memory, and I see now you are right: a double-click won't work. You have to set it as active file.

Install the main file named Dragons Shout with Voice - LOOSE.

The Dragons Shout with Voice from location optional file is not required so you can skip it. If you prefer to use this optional file:

• Install the optional file with Mod Organizer (the same way you would install any other mod)
  • Run Creation Kit from Mod Organizer
  • Click File | Data
  • Select the ESP file that was installed in the first step and click Set as Active File
  • Click OK to load the plugin
  • Wait for the Creation Kit to finish loading and validating the plugin and masters (it'll take a while).
  • Close the dialog showing a bunch of warnings.
  • Click File | Save to save the plugin
  • Exit Creation Kit
  • For the extra cautious, run SSEEdit and check the plugin for errors just to verify Creation Kit didn't do something silly.

The last step isn't strictly necessary, but I'm wary of Creation Kit throwing in a bunch of identical to master records at random.

Thanks, that was really helpful. I wonder if there's a reason why STEP does not include these short instructions on their Recommendation page for this mod. It may seem a straightforward procedure, but for a first-time modder, loading the CK and then getting a bunch of errors/warnings is not an intuitive indication that the process is proceeding as expected.

Converting mods from Skyrim Legendary Edition to Skyrim Special Edition is outside the bounds of the guide. Some mods are relatively easy to convert whereas other mods are significantly more difficult. This one happens to be very easy to convert, but STEP doesn't want to guide users through using the Creation Kit because of the complexity involved. And, yeah, the first time I ran Creation Kit I stared at all those warnings for a long time trying to figure out what I had broken. :blink: