Dragons Shout with Voice (by pauderek)

WilliamImm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, wrongly worded :)

Are we recommending the basic version (which comes in both BSA and loos files variants) or optional Dragons Shout with Voice from location version, that makes dragon shouts sound from their location instead of if they were next to you? The latter one is obviously with ESP only.

I would recommend the optional file, it's much nicer effect imho.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
It makes dragons speak the dragon language when they shout. Before they would just breathe fire and ice' date=' but not speak the actual dragon language.[/quote']

Why should they speak anything when they're spewing fire/ice? I've never seen that in a video game before. Usually dragons just breathe the fire/ice and that's that...

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm not entirely sure if this is the best/proper place for this type of post.. but I figured it should be ok.. I thought of posting in the Dragons Shout with Voice thread, but I'm always skeptical of reviving old threads.. 

anyway, without further ado, here goes nothin'...

As you may have figured out by now, this post is in reference to the STEP:Core mod by the name of Dragons Shout with Voice. It is the one and only mod in STEP:Core that I am unable to agree with and/or make sense of. The thing is, I do understand the idea of the mod, and I also understand the logic behind wanting to make the dragons use voice. However, with that being said, there are a lot of unanswered questions, which makes accepting this mod very difficult.

Primarily, how do we know that a dragon's Thu'um should manifest itself in the same way that a man/mer's does? I strongly believe that if the devs/writers intended for dragons' shouts to be "voiced" the same way as the player character, they would have done so. Although both can (and do) share in the same language, it makes sense that the manifestation (or dialect) of a shout differs between them, given that dragons are so distinct from man and mer in all other aspects.

Even if you don't agree with, or choose not follow, this aforementioned line of thinking, you should still wonder whether evidence exists that supports the mod. Yes, we do know that when the Dragonborn shouts he/she is "speaking" in the same tongue as dragons, but that is all we know. Anything more is conjecture and speculation. Without proper documentation to support it (such as an in-game book, or other lore item), it is my belief that we should revert to using the original understanding of the dragon shout, at the very least for STEP:Core.

Then again, I could be the only member who feels this way.. and in that case just ignore me :D

But seriously, I hope I did not offend anyone, especially those who advocate for this mod.. that is not my intention at all

:thumbsup:

PS - now that I think about it, maybe there is actual documentation of this that I'm just unaware of .. then I'd look like a real moron for not doing my homework haha.. I cant say I've actually read all of the in-game books, so shame on me

Primarily' date=' how do we know that a dragon's Thu'um should manifest itself in the same way that a [i']man[/i]/mer's does? I strongly believe that if the devs/writers intended for dragons' shouts to be "voiced" the same way as the player character, they would have done so. Although both can (and do) share in the same language, it makes sense that the manifestation (or dialect) of a shout differs between them, given that dragons are so distinct from man and mer in all other aspects.

Well actually, if you turn on the game's general subtitles, you'll sometimes see subtitles such as Yol Toor Shul when a dragon breathes fire, as well as some other shouts.

I'm pretty sure Alduin does that in the opening sequence, when he knocks down the wall of the tower you have to jump off.