SKSE (by the SKSE Team)

z929669

You have an incorrect argument in the arguments field in the executables settings for SKSE.

1. Click the gear button Posted Image

2. Select SKSE in the top window

3. In the arguments field, remove or correct the argument added.

Valid arguments:

-h

-help

-editor

-priority

-altexe

-altdll

-crconly

-waitforclose

-fpslimit (require FPS Limiter mod)

-v

-msinfo

-noskiplauncher

-launchsteam

-affinity

-forcesteamloader

4. Click Modify

5. Verify that the problem is fixed.

• 1 month later...

I doubt this is an SKSE issue, but since it provides the minidump, maybe you can help me interpret it? Generally it's telling me there was an invalid pointer read at TESV+64fd6e due to exceeding stack limit. I don't know if I can add any more meaningful information than that. Is there anyone who could either have a look at the .dmp, or just tell me what to look for, or preferably, both.

Using skse 1.7.1 so the mempatch is already enabled in the ini.

Edited by enkephalin07

I doubt this is an SKSE issue, but since it provides the minidump, maybe you can help me interpret it? Generally it's telling me there was an invalid pointer read at TESV+64fd6e due to exceeding stack limit. I don't know if I can add any more meaningful information than that. Is there anyone who could either have a look at the .dmp, or just tell me what to look for, or preferably, both.

Using skse 1.7.1 so the mempatch is already enabled in the ini.

There are literally thousands of possible reasons for that for error like that. And the offset of 64fd6e doesn't mean much unless you know what originally wrote the data there. That would require the appropriate symbols, which we don't have for TESV.exe - only Bethesda does.

I spent a lot of time looking at minidumps before the sheson fix, and the only thing they were useful for was to see if I was getting a consistent exception error in certain situations. Then I had to start playing with variables - changing ENBoost settings, turning it off, disabling off mods and or texture packs, etc. Your basic troubleshooting methods, painfully time-consuming.

Really the mini-dump was added to be useful for developers troubleshooting their SKSE plugins.

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Why STEP don't recommand to add :

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

in the SKSE.ini file? Could it break some game elements if adding this tweak for improve face tint resolution?

Also, does the src folder in SKSE is important and if not, can I remove it?

Thanks

Edited by lexo1000

I have no idea if they kill framerate. These kind of things are not all black and white, where one mod kills framerate and another doesn't. It's more about how many of them you add in. Once you go over your system's abilities, then you start killing your framerate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You must expand the displayed <data> folder by clicking the arrow to its left.

Usually you'll then see a folder called "Data". THAT is the one to right-click.

i was lost until i found this comment (thanks, darqnite!).  in my case (current build = 1.7.1), '<data>' was already expanded and 'Data' was one branch deeper than described.

perhaps the STEP Recommendations could be clearer on this point, as they instruct us to "right-click data" whereas they could say "right-click 'Data' (not '<data>')" or something like that...?

Since MO is now officially the manager of choice for STEP, it is assumed users will familiarise themselves with how to use it. It does take some getting use to, but once it becomes second nature, these sort of things will just be natural.

The thing to remember is: Data must be the top level, meaning there can be no 'data' folders visible in the install dialog, no matter how deep they are in the file structure. The text at the bottom of the screen is also a good indicator of this.

Many mods are packaged without any knowledge of MO and what is required to install successfully.

You no doubt have seen mods with folders 2 or 3 deep meant to provide options to the installer. That method makes sense when the user manually installs them but ANY manager would baulk at such a structure. To provide instructions for all contingencies is just too difficult.

• 1 month later...

SKSE has a "beta" build 1.7.2. When using the newest RaceMenu it requires this "beta" build. After studying further it seems that the "beta" build will not in anyway break the game and is pretty much a full release, and bugs might only surface if you are using a mod that is using one of it's new features... of which none are being used except the new RaceMenu which has been bug tested by one of the developers of SKSE and been given the greenlight.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/879577-racemenu/page-837&do=findComment&comment=23805119

So if this is the case I suggest install instructions for STEP 2.2.9.1 say to install SKSE version 1.07.02 as it actually is more bug free than the previous version. 

Edited by MitchellKrever